Failure Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone who failed post their diagnostic scores / %. I took my exam in California, and since the results are not out yet, I just want to figure out what the cut score was. People who took in California will still have to wait more than a month to get the results. This really sucks big time!!!!!!!.......... :brickwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I failed. And it sucks big time.
And its like slap in my face, I suck. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I know how that feels. I considered a career change (truck driving school) when I failed. I learned that failing the exam does not make you a bad engineer nor does it diminish your skills.

Keep your head up and have another go at it.

I definitely feel your pain. I'm waiting patiently for my results for what I hope to be the last frickin time I ever have to do this. Although every time I take this test, I learn a little more. I recommend that you jump back into studying as soon as you can stand it. The diagnostic report should show you where your weakest areas are, and you can start on those areas with plenty of time to work on them. The longer you wait, the longer it takes to get back to where you were the last time you took the test. You will pass it if you study. I believe this even though I don't have my results yet. Check back with me in a few days when I have received my results, and I'll probably have some colorful things to say about it one way or the other.
Once you pass it, and if you keep trying you will pass it, it won't matter if you ever failed it. Don't let it get you down. Go have fun for about a week and then when you get your diagnostic report, pick up where you left off in April. I'll look for your name on the top of the screen some time next Christmas.
I passed. I guess my strategy did finally work, so I guess I was right.

Can someone who failed post their diagnostic scores / %. I took my exam in California, and since the results are not out yet, I just want to figure out what the cut score was. People who took in California will still have to wait more than a month to get the results. This really sucks big time!!!!!!!.......... :brickwall:

Add me to the list of multiple failures :( I don't really work in engineering anymore, but I would like to pass it to say that I did. Torn on whether or not to retake it in October.

Add me to the list of multiple failures :( I don't really work in engineering anymore, but I would like to pass it to say that I did. Torn on whether or not to retake it in October.
CE Jen - I'm in the same boat. Haven't received my results yet (first time civil), but not hugely optimistic....would be really nice and open up some options, but I'm also not in engineering anymore (sorta miss it, though...sorta). I am completely undecided if I will retake in Oct, my eligibility window is shrinking...

I went back and passed 2 years ago after 3 failed attempts many years ago. It was my PLAN B. I didn't need it for the job I was in; I desperately wanted to leave the job I was in; PE got me out.

why do you torture yourself when you don't have to? :f_115m_e45d7af:

OK, add me to the list. I too failed. But I have no excuse, studied like mad so that I wouldn't have to pay or spend the time again. Didn't work out. (ME PE exam)

OK, add me to the list. I too failed. But I have no excuse, studied like mad so that I wouldn't have to pay or spend the time again. Didn't work out. (ME PE exam)

Should change my screen name to enginfailed.

Latest posts

Back