FAIL!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I did that I think was helpful. On the Saturday before the exam, I took all of my (anticipated) reference material and I gave myself exactly 4 hours to do the morning exam, and 4 hours to do the afternoon exam. I have younger children too, so I DID NOT do this at home. I guessed at nothing and only answered questions I knew how to or could figure out how to solve in the time I gave myself. After that, I hit things real hard (working full time so just grabbing every minute I could) until Wednesday (cause I knew I would fail if I did not). Wednesday and Thursday were spent reviewing and organizing my reference materials.
When I went in, I prayed that God would give the ability to perform at (or preferably, above) my current level of remembering things that I covered in school very long ago. He honored that request. If you would like, I would do the same for you when you retake your test in April.

Harry
Thanks for the input - I did the NCEES practice exam so many times I new it by heart. I order two more sample exams to study.

I have already been studying the morning section of the sample exam, and plan to spend more time on the heat mass transfer area.

I will get thru it, just have to do it.

Work is a calm pace now, no travel required in the near future, and home life is on cruise control so this will work out good!

Thanks again for the input.

Tim

I'm struggling with the limited amount of prep material available for Control Systems, but not feeling like I have enough recent experience with the other areas I've worked to take a different exam (Environmental or Chemical). However, I'm curious what other people are doing that have to wait until October 2011 to re-take the exam?
Right now, more than anything the wait to retake the exam is what's really killing me.
Got 50/80 in Power exam (Washington State) and still failed...
I plan to retake the Control System Exam in October also. I plan to put in about 30 mins per day - three days a week starting next week. I missed all the questions on pressure relief devices so that will be a good starting point. I plan to increase the study time in late spring.

ISA.ORG was quite helpful. I took their review course last August in Atlanta (also given in NJ and LAX). They have several study guides available.

My biggest problem was starting to late. Also, it took me a while just to learn how to study (I never was very good at it - out of school since 87)

Good Luck

I've taken the Str-I exam three times now, and just learned that I've failed it for the third time. First two scores 68 & 69! Unbelievable! I still don't know my Oct. '10 exam score, but I bet it's going to be somewhere around the same numbers again. I'm thinking with the new 16-hr str exam, maybe I should just take civil this Apr.

I've taken the Str-I exam three times now, and just learned that I've failed it for the third time. First two scores 68 & 69! Unbelievable! I still don't know my Oct. '10 exam score, but I bet it's going to be somewhere around the same numbers again. I'm thinking with the new 16-hr str exam, maybe I should just take civil this Apr.
Similar think happened to me. First time I took it I failed with a 69, second time my calculator broke and I had to guess most of the afternoon questions, and somehow managed to pull a 67 out of that attempt. Failed again this fall, and have been debating taking the civil/struct or the 16 hour structural. I'm leaning towards the civil/struct more so because I don't want to fork over the $1000 for the 16 hour exam, but also I've been told by co-workers if I can come so close to passing structural 1, I should be able to pass civil/struct with no problem. I guess we'll see if they're right in April!

Now back to the books, got a long few months of studying ahead!

TO anyone will take the next PE Exam please watch this:

Good luck!

I think in order to take the new 16 hr Str exam, you must hold a civil PE, please confirm.

Back