Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they didn't play any of those crazy birthing videos for us.

I am starting to think that we got cheated!

do you go again or was it a and done sort of thing? ours was like 4or5 meetings, we didn't make it to the last one because miisnick was born that day

No, it was a weekend "express" class.

It actually gave some really good info on breathing, what to expect, and how to deal with pain.

No, it was a weekend "express" class.
It actually gave some really good info on breathing, what to expect, and how to deal with pain.
the breathing works for some people. During our classes just practicing the breathing was making me hyperventalate. We all know how to deal with pain in our own ways.

Hello Everyone,

I have been hiding for quite a few months, reasons being a new job and expecting a baby girl in well anytime now :) . The due date is 03/22 but as of now it looks like she will be past due date. I had to postpone my another attempt on PE exam because of all the happenings in our little world. I hope to take the exam sometime next year though I really don't hope to have enough time for the preparation, LOL.

Hello Everyone,
I have been hiding for quite a few months, reasons being a new job and expecting a baby girl in well anytime now :) . The due date is 03/22 but as of now it looks like she will be past due date. I had to postpone my another attempt on PE exam because of all the happenings in our little world. I hope to take the exam sometime next year though I really don't hope to have enough time for the preparation, LOL.
congrats!

bump

Mini-kevo should be comming any time. The due date is 5/11 and my wife's doctor would like to induce if mini-kevo isn't born by then.

is there a medical need to induce...large baby already and that extra time could lead to REALLY big baby? The baby will decide when it is time to come out. I am skeptical of drs to push induction at due date. Due dates are subjective to begin with.

Minisnick was NOT induced, he was almost 1.5 weeks early. But my cousin had both of hers induced and both were very horrible experiences. The dr induced on the due date with Number 1 and she was labor for 2 FULL DAYS, and dr had to use forceps to get him out. With number 2, having had bad experience with #1, waited a week after due date to induce and she was still in labor 1.5 days. Inducing before baby is ready isn't always the best course of action.

^^^ I agree. I don't even whole-heartedly agree with the "it's going to be a large baby if we let him / her go full term so we'll induce early" opinion. A friend of ours was induced early for that very reason and gave birth a week ago today. The baby was 6 lbs 3 oz. She is a normal size woman, too.

I am not totally sure on the reasoning for the induction. Mini-kevo is going to be pretty avg. This is a "high risk" pregnancy though.

We have an ultrasound to take a look at a few things scheduled this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
prayers and positve thoughts for the kevos, that everything plays out with no complications.

^^ No problem. Mrs. kevo is 36 years old and she has a mild auto-immune disorder (kind of like RA).

Plus, she isn't the biggest girl around either. She is maybe 5'-6" and super petite.

I am not totally sure on the reasoning for the induction. Mini-kevo is going to be pretty avg. This is a "high risk" pregnancy though.
We have an ultrasound to take a look at a few things scheduled this afternoon.
Prayers go out to you guys. Take care and let us know how it's going!

Well, mini-kevo is scheduled to arrive this Friday. It has been decided that Mrs. Kevo will have a C-Section.

It's all over but the crying!!

Back