Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: Congratulations, Mizzou! :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

Congratulations What & TD!!!!

Glad everyone turned out healthy! I just got into this thread so sorry for the late congrats.

Has anyone or their wife experience Gestational Diabeates? My Hubby's brother called the other day and told us his wife tested positive (twice) for it. I've looked it up and it seems easily managed with diet and excercise, but still run the risks related to having a really big baby (early delivery, c-section etc).

Just wondering what others experiences with the condition were.

Thanks all, he is doing well and finally fell asleep about 30 minutes ago, but his next feeding is in an hour. Doc has us feeding him on a schedule (if he likes it or not) due to some low weight issues. But he is packing on the ounces.

Mrs. Mizzou is doing great. It was a long labor (22 hours) but she got through it with the eppy (after 11 hours of holding out). She is still a little tired and rightly so!

snickered, you know where I can get one? I was actually thinking of finding him a ZPM chew toy

Has anyone or their wife experience Gestational Diabeates?
ME!!! With the first pregnancy, but not the 2nd. That is unusual, but everything about pregnancy is unusual. I had the glucose tolerance test with drinking the syrup and finger-prick blood tests every 30 minutes, or so. They put me on a diabetic diet for the remainder of the term I did fine on it. Baby was 1/2 oz. short of 8 lbs, so I'm sure she would have killed me during childbirth if I had not been on the diet.

mizzou:

can't see the picture, but I'm sure he's a beaut' Congrats to you and Mrs. Mizz. Glad everyone survivied the arrival without complications.

Start thinking about your father's day gift.

ME!!! With the first pregnancy, but not the 2nd. That is unusual, but everything about pregnancy is unusual. I had the glucose tolerance test with drinking the syrup and finger-prick blood tests every 30 minutes, or so. They put me on a diabetic diet for the remainder of the term I did fine on it. Baby was 1/2 oz. short of 8 lbs, so I'm sure she would have killed me during childbirth if I had not been on the diet.
Good to hear that the diets actually work...wasn't totally convinced with what I had been reading.

Mizzou,

Congrats to you, Mrs. Mizzou and the whole family! He is a handsome boy! :) :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

JR

Congrats Mizzou!

"Born 8lbs 12.2 oz and 21 inches long."

WOW. He's a big-un! Glad to hear you and mom are doing good and Carson is here!

Back