Expected Results Before May 24th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fairly useless update but it is an update none the less.  I emailed the Tennessee Board of Engineers to see what they would say.  They responded within 10 minutes saying they haven't heard anything from NCEES and do not know when the results are coming, but that they expected it to be "very soon" based on previous exam cycles.
Thanks for the update! I broke down yesterday and chatted with NCEES, asking if results had been released to the states yet.  They gave the stock "8-10 weeks" response, but the initial person did transfer me to someone else...not sure if that means anything or if it was just, "Damn it, not another one of these questions."

I just checked my State License database by searching my name.  I got really excited when I saw the title "Professional Engineer" under my listing... then I realized it said "eligible for exam" and that it's actually said that since I first submitted my exam application.  

The wait continues.

Capture 009.PNG

In NCEES, under active exams, my date taken is April 2017.  Not April 21, 2017.  Wasn't somebody mentioning this an indicator..?

I wonder if you can find your name on the State database if you passed the PE exam?  I looked a couple of days ago and didn't see my name, so wasn't sure if the results weren't loaded or if it's confirmation that I failed, lol.
It varies from State to State. Many, if not most, states require you to complete additional forms (or just pay a fee) before you are listed in the database as a PE.

I don't recall if Texas automatically issues a license after passing the exam. Since people can take the exam prior to completing the experience requirement there, it may not be an automatic registration state. I'm sure others on this board would know how its handled.

In NCEES, under active exams, my date taken is April 2017.  Not April 21, 2017.  Wasn't somebody mentioning this an indicator..?
I noticed that to, but in the dashboard the date still says April 21, 2017. I think it has to change on the dashboard for it to be an indicator.

Either way, I think it is safe to say we have a week or less before NCEES gets the results to state boards.

It varies from State to State. Many, if not most, states require you to complete additional forms (or just pay a fee) before you are listed in the database as a PE.

I don't recall if Texas automatically issues a license after passing the exam. Since people can take the exam prior to completing the experience requirement there, it may not be an automatic registration state. I'm sure others on this board would know how its handled.
Thanks.  My boss was able to get his PE (back in 2003, I think) just off of experience.  I'm wondering if the PE that was granted was to someone out of state.

Depends on the exact page, but that is a sign that things are about to change shortly. Don't get your hopes up yet.
I don't think so, mine has said that on the exams tab for days.  The dashboard has said "date taken: April 21, 2017" the whole time and it still does.

Back