Expected Results Before May 24th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a dream last night that we got results and I passed. Waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that results were still pending ruined the rest of my night.
My dreams of the exam stopped after I took it. Expect nothing to help "clear your mind Neo"

UGHHH I totally know what you mean!  Like all of my coworkers know I took it now, it will be embarrassing to tell them that I've failed (though life goes on)...

Not sure about you, but there isn't a ton of design work in my department to begin with. I'm hoping that with a PE, I will be able to get my hands on some more design work.

This is exactly what's making me literally sick to my stomach... the thought of having to go through this AGAIN if I fail...

I don't mind the telling people, but the idea of months of studying, missing out on family time and going through the test again is too much for me to wrap my head around right now.

Just know that you're not alone. I feel the same way. Telling people I failed is going to be crushing. That's why I tell everyone the 8-10 weeks line. I figure that if we get the results at 5-6 weeks, it still gives me some time to deal with it internally before having to tell people.
Late response but...hoping it's over very soon guys!  Good luck to you.  And congrats txjennah!

Here's my advice:
Step 1: Go to gym, exercise away the anxiety. After studying for the exam for a couple months, you should still have free time in your schedule to do so.

Step 2: repeat step one until you feel better or get the results

Step 3: continue to destress at the gym regardless of passing or failing. It's better for your health in the long term.
I work out most days - I wish it helped with this, lol.

I agree. I wish I could have kept it a secret that I was taking it but I needed to borrow reference books from people and word eventually got around to everyone on my floor that I was taking it.

The idea of going through this wait again almost seems as bad as studying again  :mellow:
It does.

MN Board meets today at 2PM...though looking back through the previous exam sessions, MN seems to be a little behind the other states. I'd love results this week, but think if they release tomorrow, I won't see mine until next week.

I had a dream last night that we got results and I passed. Waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that results were still pending ruined the rest of my night.
I had the same dream, except my dream was so focused on not believing that I passed and thinking I was asleep that when I woke up I was so disoriented and was not sure if I had been dreaming or not.

I had the same dream, except my dream was so focused on not believing that I passed and thinking I was asleep that when I woke up I was so disoriented and was not sure if I had been dreaming or not.
Haha mine was actually kind of similar. It showed I passed but it was written in red so I was trying to find other people to compare the result with and figure out if I actually passed. I'm on the fence about whether I passed so I guess deep down I believe I failed.

Haha mine was actually kind of similar. It showed I passed but it was written in red so I was trying to find other people to compare the result with and figure out if I actually passed. I'm on the fence about whether I passed so I guess deep down I believe I failed.
I don't have to dig that deep to believe I failed.

Anyone else at the point where results feel like they'll never happen? Regardless of the outcome
No, but I am at the point where I wish I had never googled the release time of past results and thought it was actually going to be 8-10 weeks... Now I'm refreshing a website ever 5 minutes and I have a shit ton of work to do....

Yes, while I've been stressing this past week, for some reason I'm like obsessed today and feel like the day will never come!  I know it will of course, it's just the crazy talking.  :D

Anyone else at the point where results feel like they'll never happen? Regardless of the outcome
It can't get here soon enough.  I keep checking NCEES and telling myself this will be the year they come out a little early.  Just trying to convince myself that I don't have to wait any longer.  False hope.

Knowing that we're literally counting down hours and no longer weeks or days until the results makes every minute feel like a century... 

No, but I am at the point where I wish I had never googled the release time of past results and thought it was actually going to be 8-10 weeks... Now I'm refreshing a website ever 5 minutes and I have a shit ton of work to do....
Same. I came out thinking it would be the end of June before I found out and then a coworker told me he got his before Memorial Day and to check this board. It probably wouldn't even really be on my mind at this point if I had just accepted the 8-10 week time frame.

Productivity at work zero :(
My productivity has definitely gone down. I'll get into the zone for about 30 mins and then remember I'm waiting for results and get sidetracked. I've actually been staying a bit late because I feel guilty about my lack of focus.

Back