Expected Results Before May 24th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so helpful - it matches my situation almost exactly.  Of my two jobs only my current job now has PEs.  So, I was trying to figure out who to send my "engagement" write ups too.  It sounds like for my old job/engagement (with no PEs) I send that to any one of my references, and for the job I'm working now, I send that engagement to all three of my references.

So, one of my references gets two "engagements" and all of my references get one.
you dont have to work with the PE at the time of employment as long as they can basically vouch for you

For Louisiana, we had to fill out experience records as part of the application to take the PE exam.  I only had one employer since graduating at the time I applied, but I'd lived in a few states/had different positions so I did one per position/state.  Each one was only about a page though and included a paragraph describing general responsibilities, examples of how engineering was used in the position, and then examples of projects.

I wonder how well that will go over when I apply for reciprocity in TX.
Yeah that Louisiana application was intense... So i guess we don't need to fill out the SER? 

you dont have to work with the PE at the time of employment as long as they can basically vouch for you
I knew that...I just had a miss-match of the number of jobs and references that was giving me heartache.  Also anxiety over the form/format/length.  Also, anxiety about results.  Also, just anxiety.

But having more info always helps quell the anxiety, so thank you!

Back