Expected Results Before May 24th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really this isn't just anxiety about failing, it's anxiety about having to tell people I failed, study for months again, take it again, and then wait forever again with the possibility of not passing AGAIN.

That's why it's too hard to just tell myself to calm down!
Just know that you're not alone. I feel the same way. Telling people I failed is going to be crushing. That's why I tell everyone the 8-10 weeks line. I figure that if we get the results at 5-6 weeks, it still gives me some time to deal with it internally before having to tell people.

I don't mind the telling people, but the idea of months of studying, missing out on family time and going through the test again is too much for me to wrap my head around right now.
Same.  And I'm getting married next April, so I'd prefer not to give up my life for another 3 months when I can be planning for the wedding.

Same.  And I'm getting married next April, so I'd prefer not to give up my life for another 3 months when I can be planning for the wedding.
I tried to study and plan a wedding for the October 2016 cycle.  I gave up and rescheduled for the April 2017 exam.  Not saying it can't be done, but it seemed almost impossible to me.

Really this isn't just anxiety about failing, it's anxiety about having to tell people I failed, study for months again, take it again, and then wait forever again with the possibility of not passing AGAIN.

Try not to stress about it. The repercussions for failing aren't that bad unless its tied to your employment. Otherwise having to wait another 6 or 12 month for a licence, or adding two letters after your name isn't the end of the world. Trust me, no-one will hold a failure against you (unless your employer requires it). Remember that 80% of engineers never even try to take the test. You've already accomplished a lot just to get to this point.

The loss of time due to restudying can be a drag, but it can make you a better engineer in the future by potentially improving your background knowledge and work habits. Years from now, you won't even remember the loss of time.

Taking the exam again in-and-of-itself is no bid deal. One day where you spend eight hours doing math and engineering, pfft. That's just like another normal day at the office.

I'm not gonna lie though, having to go through the wait for results again sucks! I'm so glad I'll never have to do that again.

But's on the whole, it could be a lot worse.

Here's my advice:
Step 1: Go to gym, exercise away the anxiety. After studying for the exam for a couple months, you should still have free time in your schedule to do so.

Step 2: repeat step one until you feel better or get the results

Step 3: continue to destress at the gym regardless of passing or failing. It's better for your health in the long term.

Good to know. And, uhhhhh it better have had the correct lead in it. I used what they gave me. :) Sounds like you know or experienced an issue with the lead. That would suck! 
My point is that you shouldn't have to worry about it at all.

It may be a #3 graphite lead pencil point, but it's still a point.

Also, don't read through this post and subsuquent thread:

Congrats. I skipped my first eligible test date due to my wedding. I had to wait an entire year for the next available session.

In the unlikely event its needed, could you do the Oct 2018 session, or maybe a new CBT?

I agree. I wish I could have kept it a secret that I was taking it but I needed to borrow reference books from people and word eventually got around to everyone on my floor that I was taking it.

The idea of going through this wait again almost seems as bad as studying again  :mellow:

I agree. I wish I could have kept it a secret that I was taking it but I needed to borrow reference books from people and word eventually got around to everyone on my floor that I was taking it.

The idea of going through this wait again almost seems as bad as studying again  :mellow:
The wait is much worse than the studying.

I'm here (as are others) to tell you that you will survive if you failed. It seriously sucks, and I truly believe I went through the five stages of grief the first time I failed when I really thought I passed.

There are parts that are serious drags, that have already been mentioned. I'm pretty sure I've been through it all, including things I can't wait to forget! But really, if you set this a goal for yourself, you WILL pass it and WILL get it done.

The wait is much worse than the studying.
At least when I was preparing, I could study which helped relieve my stress a bit!

Also, your gym advice is great! I pretty much quit running during the 3 months I was studying and it's so great getting back into it. I felt like I had so much spare time after the exam that I started spending more time in the gym than I did before the exam. Hopefully I can keep that up!

I was up-front and honest with coworkers and others telling them that I was taking the exam so I would hold myself accountable through to the end.

alot of activity on this site today.  Maybe everyone believes results coming out tonight?

Every time my NCEES dashboard takes a couple extra seconds to refresh my heart rate goes up a bit.

I heard in OH that the results are usually posted on the first day, can anyone confirm? Also, is there really a point to refreshing the NCEES page? Did you get an e-mail before it was updated?
They were released same day last fall

Back