ELSES News

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone said "orly" meant "oh really", but I don't know.

I emailed our board yesterday. No answer yet.

It was because I had called in an honest attempt to see if I could get a copy of my EIT certificate as requested by my new employer (I start in a couple of weeks). The lady asked if I was a PE (implying I could use that evidence instead), but I informed here I was waiting for the results to find out.

She gave me here email address so she could give me my EIT proof via email.

Yesterday I emailed her and said I probably would wait for the PE results instead of turning in any EIT proof. I asked if by any chance she had heard anything ion the results. No answer yet.

Ed

Just called NCEES again, and I quote "the results will not be released until 2 more weeks".

:suicide:

If computerizing the exam was a resonable option, then it would make sense that the exam locations may be slightly different. We took the exam at a large auditorium at the state fair grounds (baaaaaa, mooooo) in Missouri and they would obviously have to have enough computers to handle the test takers...

It might make it easier for access if they have to break up the takers to locations with computers available. That way exams could be proctored in multiple locations across the states, saving a lot of people the time and effort of driving long distances and paying for hotels.

If administering the exam and grading could be easier / faster with computers, then it makes sense that it could be positive financially for EVERYONE involved (maybe they would lower the exam fees??? - HA).

Either way, it won't happen any time soon and I hope none of us have to worry about it anyway since we'll all have passed or given up at that point.

:drunk: Might as well smoke 'em while you got em... wait. wait. wait.

If that's true, I'm raising some hell! That's BS! :angry:

I don't care if they do say 10-12 weeks to cover their behinds. I don't care if we do go into the test knowing that. Its weak. Its subpar. Its a bunch of BS. :fool:

If I don't have results next week, I'm gonna start makikng phone calls, sending out emails and just bothering the heck out of them. I think we all should do the same.

We are not a bunch of idiots. We have the resources to learn when the results were sent out last year. Heck with the 10-12 week BS. They should at least be holding their own, not getting worse from year to year.

Next week is the last reprieve. ;guns;

Ed

One thing that many may not know is that NCEES started grading the test themselves starting with the October 2005 exam. Prior to this, they used an outside service. The results for the October 2005 exam were released 2 to 3 weeks later than the previous year's results. It looks like it will be the same thing for this past test.

They need to go back to subcontracting the grading out.

Hey is there any chance of getting a retarded emoticon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet.

Will I get my results faster if I do? :dunno: :D

I'll check on Monster to see if there any openings! :unsure:

In case you're wondering, I'm halfway just kidding. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.... :thumbsup:

Ed

PS - I agree they shouldn't be getting worse on response.

If anyone is serious, then I think our best repreive is to pass the test, and take it to the state Board.

Dunno, you would think that as a business... Both groups administering and grading the exams would listen to their CUSTOMERS (state boards - NOT us). :whatever:

I wonder why they brought it in-house? Save a few $$$$ ?

I would have thrown in an extra $100 for quicker service. What's $900 instead of $800?

OK, maybe I'm being cynical and OCDing about this. But, I'm just not a patient person. Or am I? Maybe I am and I don't realize it? :D

Ed

ED,

I think you hit the nail on the head! They brought in house to save money. Since their customers (Boards) really don't care if the results are a couple of weeks later than previous years it's win / win in their eyes.

The real issue is that once we get our license :prayers: we will quickly forget this pain and it will happen over and over again to the next exam takers.

civeng123,

Wouldn't have been smart on their part to present this info to everyone so that we would have a clue?

The standard 10-12 week thing is their buffer, but c'mon, don't they know we can do a little detective work and look at last year's results?

It would have been a lot less anticipation and stress had ELSES and/or NCEES made this info very easy for all to find. Just a bit of customer service. I wonder if we even have a voice to express our feelings and issues? Is there even a venue for that?

Ed

Last edited:
You are preaching to the choir man!

This whole cloak and dagger bullshit (from NCEES) is amazing.

I asked them (NCEES) why they didn't just supply updated info on their web site.

p2368086.gif

I can only say that I believe they don't give a **** because we are not their customers. The Boards are. The only hope of changing this (IMHO) is to have a majority of the Boards complain directly to NCEES.

It won't matter, I'm gonna be a pessimist here. They won't change anything.

If you guys pass, I bet you'll be laughin at the next group of guys bitchin' in agony, and you'll say "yeah, I remember that, hahahah"

I ain't preachin' to the choir- I'm trying to incite a riot!!! :D :thumbsup:

This sucks. Well, I won't think about it for two days at least.

Maybe I'll bring some of this up to our chapter of LES (Louisiana Engineering Society) which is part of NSPE. Maybe we all should do that. :thumbsup:

Have a good weekend. :???:

Ed

You too Ed.

I am personally going to try to pickle my liver tonight! :drunk:

Hey if I succeed then maybe they will have to give me special occomodations (sp) the next time I have to take this **** thing!

Hey is there any chance of getting a retarded emoticon?
Done.
p2368086.gif

Although, I coach a Challenger Little League Team (disabled kids) and don't condone making fun of the less fornutate, in this case, it is quite appropriate.

LOL.

I can certainly use better lighting.

Our site was so dim my vision went out halfway through the morning test. I had to struggle for about an hour without being able to read much in the way fo my references. Luckily, eventually, I realized I had a second pair of glasses and actually put them on over my first pair (two pairs of glasses) and could finally see well enough!! Sounds crazy, but :true:

Ed

As I had posted on the other forum, I took the EI last year (april) and the date of the exam was April 16. The date in the passing letter is June 2 and I got it in my mail box within that week... so they are behind :ass:

stupid morons... it really bugs the heck outta me that they have the balls to tell me a couple more weeks for the release for a scantron exam.... it is because the general opinion of engineers is that we are a bunch of nerds that won't speak up if they walk all over us. ;guns;

DrFranz,

I have always thought there to be some truth in that statement- that people think that anyway, not that its true.

Ed

Indeed, they think that way regardless of the veracity of that statement. It is our duty to change that impression. Physicians start by calling themselves doctors (even though what they hold is a professional degree, just like a JD, but you don?t see lawyers calling themselves doctors), and no one thinks of them as nerds, even though they study a lot more than many other trades. Besides, they count being interns as years in ?school?, so why can?t we count the years as EI as schooling too? They would allege that if they make a mistake, a life is lost, but if we make a mistake (either on a high-rise or a dam, or a bridge) not only one life will be lost. Besides they have the luxury of telling their clients (patients) that they have an X% chance to succeed in whatever treatment they are prescribing? I?d love to see a physician?s face if I told him he had a 60% chance of having his house standing after it?s built.

It?s all on us, my friends, if we don?t change this, nobody will.

Bring It On!!

;guns;

Back