Electrical Power Pe Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job to all who passed. I unfortunately failed (in TX) and that was my first time and i took the TestMasters course. The afternoon section destroyed my score. It's a shame we can't discuss questions that came on the exam on this board, because i really want to know how anyone figured out the economics and harmonics problems.
I still don't know the first thing about how to do harmonics problems. Economics isn't a strong suit of mine, either, but I was able to solve one of the problems with a formula I found in the official FE reference book I brought.

Care to share your score? Like the others, I'm curious to find out what the highest failing score is so I can deduce the passing score.

Actually, I do design work at a consulting MEP firm.

The company policy seems to be that only a few people are allowed to sign drawings, and they are all senior-level bosses who have been with the company a long time. They also make no distinction in job descriptions/duties between "designer" (two-year tech school grad) and "engineer" (B.S. degree) beyond giving them different titles. Either can also be promoted to project manager, group leader, VP, etc. The overall boss of the EE department is not even eligible to sit for the F.E. or P.E. exams because of his academic background.

So it's pretty clear to me that getting the P.E. license won't make any difference if I stay at my current job.
Wow that is an interesting setup for your company. When I worked as an EE for a consulting/design firm, there were lots of people that were PE's and all of them signed documents/drawings. All Department Heads, Project Managers and Senior Engineers had to be a PE and they typically signed their own drawing and spec packages. The President and Vice-President hardly signed any drawings or specs and were mainly involved in marketing and getting new jobs.

My old company also had plenty of distinction between designer, drafters, techs, and many levels of Engineers employeed there. I do not think designers, techs or drafters would ever make it past having the word "senior" attached to their title. I still say that having your PE will never be a negative for you. It just might not help you in your current job.

Last edited by a moderator:
vdubEE...you wouldn't happen to be a photographer, would you? (username similarity to another board I frequent).

Actually, I do design work at a consulting MEP firm.

The company policy seems to be that only a few people are allowed to sign drawings, and they are all senior-level bosses who have been with the company a long time. They also make no distinction in job descriptions/duties between "designer" (two-year tech school grad) and "engineer" (B.S. degree) beyond giving them different titles. Either can also be promoted to project manager, group leader, VP, etc. The overall boss of the EE department is not even eligible to sit for the F.E. or P.E. exams because of his academic background.

So it's pretty clear to me that getting the P.E. license won't make any difference if I stay at my current job.
Wow that is an interesting setup for your company. When I worked as an EE for a consulting/design firm, there were lots of people that were PE's and all of them signed documents/drawings. All Department Heads, Project Managers and Senior Engineers had to be a PE and they typically signed their own drawing and spec packages. The President and Vice-President hardly signed any drawings or specs and were mainly involved in marketing and getting new jobs.

My old company also had plenty of distinction between designer, drafters, techs, and many levels of Engineers employeed there. I do not think designers, techs or drafters would ever make it past having the word "senior" attached to their title. I still say that having your PE will never be a negative for you. It just might not help you in your current job.
The places I've worked previously were like you described -- they did make a distinction between engineers and non-engineers.

What I find really interesting is that at my current company, one of the principals is a member of the state board of engineering. I figured he would be someone who would really encourage/require licensing among the engineers at his own company, but I guess not.

vdubEE...you wouldn't happen to be a photographer, would you? (username similarity to another board I frequent).
No. While I do have a very nice DSLR, my photography skills are more on the instantamatic level!!!

I failed again 49/80. I improved by one pt. Didn't do too hot on Instruments and Measurements, and the three T&D subject areas. No matter how hard I study, I still couldn't improve my score in those areas, any one have tips on those topics as far as books/study materials?

Also, I had sold some of my books to a fellow EB member because I thought I was surely going to pass this go around. Oh well, back to studying and agonizing over my failure.

How did y'all find out? I think in Alabama, we are not notified by NCEES. I assume we get a letter from the state board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida Results are in everyone!

Electrical Power with a passing score.

God I am happy!!!

Thank you so much for all the help everyone!!!!

PASSED

MA Results are in.

Congrats everyone and thanks for all of the help. Holy crap that was terrifying...

for the people who passed the exam, can you please provide me with ideas on how to study for the test, I have been trying multiple times with no succes, your help is mostly appreciated....

Study study study....I probably going to post a flash back of my life and what worked for me but not today...in my case i end up spending a lot of money and a looott of time to prepare but i passed on first try.

Study study study....I probably going to post a flash back of my life and what worked for me but not today...in my case i end up spending a lot of money and a looott of time to prepare but i passed on first try.
same i spent way too much money. time to try and sell some materials.

Back