Electrical Power Pe Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed as well...Ohio. Frankly I was somewhat surprised I passed. I was fully prepared to have to take it again in April, as the afternoon session crushed me.

Oklahoma results reported.

I am one of the happy ones that passed as well! So relieved to know that I will not have to worry about this test again!!!

Congrats to all that passed and good luck to the ones who have not had their results reported yet.

Everyone have a safe and Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!! you too. Feel like a 1000lb gorrilla just came off my back. I was iffy about it. I knew better than the first time when i finished the morning section in two hours lol

I can not believe this i pass and i couldnt sleep at night if i sleep 2 hours was to much. But i feel soooo good! I wish good luck to the other members of this forum!!

(null)

We have snail-mail notification from the state board here, so I have to wait for a letter to find out.

I don't think I'll be too excited if I passed, as my current employer has already said getting the license won't result in a bonus, raise, promotion, or change in job function. By the same token, it doesn't much matter if I failed. Neither my supervisor nor his boss (department manager) has ever held a P.E. license.

Given the way things are in the industry, I figure it would be a good thing to have in case I get laid off again.

SI SI!!! PASE! PASE! Y ni siquiera se hablar Ingles!!!!!!!!

SI VA!!

Frandays from TX

Good job to all who passed. I unfortunately failed (in TX) and that was my first time and i took the TestMasters course. The afternoon section destroyed my score. It's a shame we can't discuss questions that came on the exam on this board, because i really want to know how anyone figured out the economics and harmonics problems.

I will be re-taking it in April with better preparation on the questions that came on the exam. You kinda have to ace the morning section and do so-so on the afternoon to guarantee passing. Looking at my scores, i am guessing that having at least 50/80 will get you a passing score, at least that's my observation.

Raise or no raise, having a PE is great to have. Good luck to all those failed and hope you prepare better next time now that you saw the problems from another planet questions. I am still baffled about how good of an engineer i would be if i guessed right on the afternoon questions and got a passing score.

Sorry to hear that KSU. I have to say afternoon was hard hard hard and fustrating for me also i still dont know how i pass i guess i was close to the non passing score ... Never give up!

(null)

I don't think I'll be too excited if I passed, as my current employer has already said getting the license won't result in a bonus, raise, promotion, or change in job function. By the same token, it doesn't much matter if I failed. Neither my supervisor nor his boss (department manager) has ever held a P.E. license.
There are a few jobs (like consulting or design engineer) were having a PE will bring more money, higher positions, and better promotions while some jobs do not really care about the PE. Having a PE will never be a bad thing for you or your career.

My current job does not really require having a PE and they do not reward you for getting it. However to get above a certain grade level or be a supervisor, the PE is a requirement.

Keep your head up, study on the things you missed, and attack!!! I can say I was not feeling real good about my chances of passing after the test. My only happy thought after the test was 'I had felt really bad about some tests during college that I ended up passing so I was hoping this was one of those cases'.

People that passed or failed .... mind posting your scores??
People that pass do not get scores. The inner-Engineer really wants to know what my score was though. However, I will happily take just passing.

Good job to all who passed. I unfortunately failed (in TX) and that was my first time and i took the TestMasters course. The afternoon section destroyed my score. It's a shame we can't discuss questions that came on the exam on this board, because i really want to know how anyone figured out the economics and harmonics problems.

I will be re-taking it in April with better preparation on the questions that came on the exam. You kinda have to ace the morning section and do so-so on the afternoon to guarantee passing. Looking at my scores, i am guessing that having at least 50/80 will get you a passing score, at least that's my observation.

Raise or no raise, having a PE is great to have. Good luck to all those failed and hope you prepare better next time now that you saw the problems from another planet questions. I am still baffled about how good of an engineer i would be if i guessed right on the afternoon questions and got a passing score.

I too will be retaking it this April. I feel that this time around I just need to study more, and make better reference pages and tabs for my books. I don't feel that the exam I took was overly hard, I just wasn't as prepared as I should have been. I was over confident because the sample exam was soooooo easy that I didn't really study enough.

On my part they didnt provide me with a passing score they just said PASS no score so no where to tell how close to the cut score i was

(null)

Congrats to those who passed. Still waiting for Massachusetts to release the results. NCEES's site has crashed. So no new info just yet.

There are a few jobs (like consulting or design engineer) were having a PE will bring more money, higher positions, and better promotions while some jobs do not really care about the PE. Having a PE will never be a bad thing for you or your career.

My current job does not really require having a PE and they do not reward you for getting it. However to get above a certain grade level or be a supervisor, the PE is a requirement.
Actually, I do design work at a consulting MEP firm.

The company policy seems to be that only a few people are allowed to sign drawings, and they are all senior-level bosses who have been with the company a long time. They also make no distinction in job descriptions/duties between "designer" (two-year tech school grad) and "engineer" (B.S. degree) beyond giving them different titles. Either can also be promoted to project manager, group leader, VP, etc. The overall boss of the EE department is not even eligible to sit for the F.E. or P.E. exams because of his academic background.

So it's pretty clear to me that getting the P.E. license won't make any difference if I stay at my current job.

Back