EIT results - failed again really frustrated - need help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on my 6'th try. I took a preparatory class through Testmasters. It was very labor intensive and it cost me a pretty penny. But even after 5 failed tries I believed in myself enough to put my money where my mouth was. You can do it. I know how it is to doubt yourself and to feel like you wee being judged based upon this. You can do it. That's all you have to continue to tell yourself.

Same here. I justed found out I passed on my 6th try. I took a preparatory coarse at a local university. It help. I would suggest if someone does not pass after your 3rd time take a review. It really helps to refresh you memory of thing you may have forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of responses on here for you, but here are my 2 cents:

I took the EIT for the first time as a senior in college in 2007 and went to it with MAYBE 5 school days of studying. I failed it with a score of 69 (needed 70 of course). I waited until 2009 to take it again because I didn't know where I would end up career-wise. When I decided to take it, I spent 3 solid months of studying, Sunday through Saturday and pretty much stayed away from all social activities with friends and family. Some people gawk at the idea of it, but it's 3 months of your, hopefully, 80+ years of life.

I used the PPI online FE/EIT exam cafe, EIT exam (http://www.eitexam.com), the ASME study exam (I do NOT suggest) and the NCEES study exam. I did not review subjects individually as much as I practiced the formulas over and over and over again. Everyone works differently, but to me, the EIT is not about understanding all the concepts behind the problem. It's seriously a plug-and-chug exam and you need to know which page and section the formula you are looking for is located.

It's a marathon exam, so the better you get at flipping to the right section, finding the right formula and applying the correct variables, you'll do fine.

Again, everyone works differently, I personally work in the same industry as a guy who studied for the PE - ME HVAC exam a couple of days, partied the night before and went to the exam hung over and passed. I highly suggest getting comfortable with the NCEES Supplied Reference Manual and getting EXTREMELY skilled at flipping to the right sections when given a certain type of problem (turning to page X when a simply supported beam with a point load shows).

Don't get discouraged. Once you pass the EIT, everything will be career focused and you'll do fine.

I took the EIT/FE 6 years after graduating university. I didn't think I would pass the exam, especially since I was a field engineer for those 6 years. I signed up for the ppi2pass in-class room (Sacramento, CA) review course for the EIT/FE. I also did every homework problem they assigned, using the EIT/FE NCEES Reference Manual for each problem. I didn't have much of life for the 3-months, but it worked.

Don't give up, it is worth it in the end!

There are a lot of responses on here for you, but here are my 2 cents: I took the EIT for the first time as a senior in college in 2007 and went to it with MAYBE 5 school days of studying. I failed it with a score of 69 (needed 70 of course). I waited until 2009 to take it again because I didn't know where I would end up career-wise. When I decided to take it, I spent 3 solid months of studying, Sunday through Saturday and pretty much stayed away from all social activities with friends and family. Some people gawk at the idea of it, but it's 3 months of your, hopefully, 80+ years of life. I used the PPI online FE/EIT exam cafe, EIT exam (http://www.eitexam.com), the ASME study exam (I do NOT suggest) and the NCEES study exam. I did not review subjects individually as much as I practiced the formulas over and over and over again. Everyone works differently, but to me, the EIT is not about understanding all the concepts behind the problem. It's seriously a plug-and-chug exam and you need to know which page and section the formula you are looking for is located. It's a marathon exam, so the better you get at flipping to the right section, finding the right formula and applying the correct variables, you'll do fine. Again, everyone works differently, I personally work in the same industry as a guy who studied for the PE - ME HVAC exam a couple of days, partied the night before and went to the exam hung over and passed. I highly suggest getting comfortable with the NCEES Supplied Reference Manual and getting EXTREMELY skilled at flipping to the right sections when given a certain type of problem (turning to page X when a simply supported beam with a point load shows). Don't get discouraged. Once you pass the EIT, everything will be career focused and you'll do fine.

I agree. The prep class I took was about three months. It was every Monday and Wednesday night for 3 hours from August to October. And a friend and I meet and studied every Tuesday and every other Thursday. You have put in the work and study for it and believe me it will pay off. Do it now because it took be 5 times to realize that maybe I wasn't studying enough.

Check www.eitexperts.com

They have good study schedule and preparation material. I passed in second attempt. They will conduct every week exams based on previous week class, that helped me to pass in second attempt.

Best of luck

Hello, guys.. I took the exam and failed multiple times

I had so much of short time during afternoon section (only 1 hr), it seems Lindeburg books and Wassim book did not really helped me to prepare for the exam.. Would there any other resources?

Now NCEES is changing their format to AIT which you could have multiple answers, drag, mark and fill in the blanks.. Would there any suggestions preparing the exam?

Hello, guys.. I took the exam and failed multiple times

I had so much of short time during afternoon section (only 1 hr), it seems Lindeburg books and Wassim book did not really helped me to prepare for the exam.. Would there any other resources?

Now NCEES is changing their format to AIT which you could have multiple answers, drag, mark and fill in the blanks.. Would there any suggestions preparing the exam?
Post your diagnostic report. What's your discipline?

Back