EET-SE Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect to live vicariously through EET's SE review through you, @tj_PE. Then I'll know what to expect when I do it, whenever that is.

What did they tell ya? Looks like you're signing up for the class, so I assume they weren't willing to sell just the binder haha
They told me they don’t sell it without registering....

i am not registering for that course ever...actually i will think seriously when i get the confirmations of my failures lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh i'm already anxious about it alllllll

there's these files on there that say "SE prerequisite" I wonder if we are gonna have to watch these videos before the lecture on that content area ON OUR OWN TIME LIKE WAT.
@tj_PE what are these prerequisites?

how much do you want to make me a copy of your binders? Lol 

ill pay for this on a Time and Materials basis...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else taking Vertical EET This cycle? Course starts SUNDAY! 😮 

It sure would be nice to know the results of the last test before the newest study courses are set to begin. I haven't even began to think about starting to prepare for the April exam.

It sure would be nice to know the results of the last test before the newest study courses are set to begin. I haven't even began to think about starting to prepare for the April exam.
luckily most of the courses have ON DEMAND options so you can catch up over the holiday or when they're doing the bridge review if you're buildings, etc.

So here is my experience with EETs. I signed up for the class a month late. It was grueling to try and catch up being so far behind. The binder is great information. But honestly, there is a lot more to the class than just the binder material. It's packed to the brim with stuff, but the instruction offered by Dr. Ibrahim and Dr. Zayati is awesome. Very informative and very helpful if you've got questions.

That being said, I relied VERY heavily on the binder material during the exam itself and it helped in areas that i struggled with my first time taking the exam. I only utilized the course for the lateral portion as I managed to pass the vertical forces under my own studying.  

I recommend taking the class wholeheartedly. It's a bit expensive, but in my opinion is was well worth the expense. 

I took the EET SE lateral course and was able to pass the building lateral exam on my first attempt this past October. For reference, I've never done any substantial seismic design so I felt that the hill was too steep to climb without a little bit of help. The course is very thorough and well worth the money if you can commit to the time required to watch the courses, do the provided "homework" problems, topic specific "mini exams" and a full length simulation exam at the end of the course.

I took the EET-USA lateral class for the October 2018 and passed on my first try. I do not do seismic design regularly or wood/masonry. This class is completely comprehensive and gives you all the resources you need to pass the exam. There are plenty of practice problems for each material and general analysis portions. All i did to study was watch the on demand lectures, do the practice problems and quizzes, and take their practice exam. This class gave me a really good understanding of different components of the code and materials I did not have before. I would highly recommend taking EET. It is well worth the money considering how many hours you will study to pass the exam.

I just had my first EET vertical lecture on sunday and I agree it goes into intricacies on the code application stuff that I hadn't fully looked into in detail during practices. I look forward to learning a lot and growing as an engineer, and hopefully passing vertical first try in april!

I highly recommend the EET SE course to anyone who is considering taking the SE Exam. I have previously taken courses with NCSEA and PPI, but neither even came close to how helpful the EET class was. The instructors are very responsive, encouraging and are willing to go the extra mile to help the students. I had failed the gravity portion of the exam 3 times prior to taking EET - each failure by receiving one "unacceptable" in the afternoon. The class fully prepared me for the exam and I was so pleased to see "acceptable" on both portions of the exam. Thanks again to Dr. Zayati and Dr. Ibrahim!

I already passed the SE Lateral last October Exam, EET helped my out to pass the exam, Dr. Ahmed and Dr. Foued are very good, they make the subjects very understandable, they have many examples, mini exams and a comprehensive exam, I highly recommend them.

I failed the lateral buildings twice, so I tried to figure out the best course option to take before my third try. I took EET for the Lateral buildings because these forums made it sound like the definite option if you want to guarantee passing. I passed in October thanks to the class, so I would like to add to the positive reviews. If you want to pass, take EET. Watch all the lectures; do all the homework; organize the materials they give you for optimal usage during the test; pass.

I failed the lateral buildings twice, so I tried to figure out the best course option to take before my third try. I took EET for the Lateral buildings because these forums made it sound like the definite option if you want to guarantee passing. I passed in October thanks to the class, so I would like to add to the positive reviews. If you want to pass, take EET. Watch all the lectures; do all the homework; organize the materials they give you for optimal usage during the test; pass.
did you break out your notes into smaller binders? I'm currently considering this.

did you break out your notes into smaller binders? I'm currently considering this.
I made a smaller quick reference binder (1") that I used for 80% of the test. In that one I put the "cheat sheets", additional pdfs they provide, screenshots of helpful lecture slides, a few particularly applicable examples, and most of the concrete/steel narrative notes (the non-slide portions).

I left most things in the big binder with extreme tabbing, but wanted to avoid flopping it open whenever possible. I mostly used it for examples on the afternoon and harder morning problems (after I'd solved the ones I could do with the quick ref binder).

Back