EET Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys, I just signed up for the on-demand breadth and transpo depth from EET. Taking it early in South Carolina because Florida won't let you even register for the exam until you get your 4 years, which would put me almost a full year over by the time my license came through.

For anyone who is planning on taking the April 2017 exam, I STRONGLY urge you to consider taking the EET review course, or at least look into it and maybe give one of the instructors a call to pick their brains about the course. I took the April 2016 exam and only self studied for the exam and did not put a whole lot of effort into it so when I received my "fail" notice I was not completely shocked. I knew I needed to get serious about studying and I thought one way to hold me to studying and being committed to studying would be to take a review course. I heard a lot of great things about EET from folks here on the boards and decided I would give it a shot. Turns out, the EET course was the best decision I could've made. Every single instructor is dedicated to your success and really enjoys teaching their respective subject matter. I mostly worked with Samir since I took the transportation depth and Samir handled a majority of the review courses for that subject matter. Samir is truly passionate about what he does and it shows through his excellent teaching and support. I cannot thank Samir and EET enough and I hope that those who are looking to pass the PE seriously consider taking this course. You will not be disappointed at all! Good luck to all who are pursuing licensure!!
Did you feel like the EET course fully prepared you for the exam? Or did you think you needed to do a lot of studying outside of the courses?

Thanks!

The course from EET prepares you for everything that could realistically be on the exam. The only other thing I did was practice exams.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did you feel like the EET course fully prepared you for the exam? Or did you think you needed to do a lot of studying outside of the courses?

Thanks!
I spent a lot of time on my own studying from practice exams and practice problems I bought online and going over lectures and example problems given to us from EET, just to make myself feel like I was doing all that I could to fully prepare for the exam. However, I do believe that EET fully prepared me for the exam. The course covered EVERY topic that NCEES tells you will be on the exam, and then some! The thing about EET is that they go over things you may not have seen in a while or at all and they teach you the concepts of everything and where to find key topics in your references, that way when you're studying on your own and you come across a certain problem, you know right where to look to solve it and have practice with the references in doing so. EET is an excellent course and I recommend it to anyone, but I also STRONGLY suggest that you put a lot of time in on your own exposing yourself to as many problems as possible at all ranges of difficulty.

For those that have taken the test, what references do you feel are not needed thanks to the EET Notes?

For those that have taken the test, what references do you feel are not needed thanks to the EET Notes?
I recommend doing all that you can to obtain the suggested references and bringing them with you to the exam. EET provides most of the common charts and tables from the references, but not all of them. For exams and situations like this, err on the side of caution and assume the worst.

Can you help clarify some things about EET for me please.
I am sure a few could be found researching it, but I thought I'd ask all since I am here.
I am new to the forum as well so please forgive all the questions, I am overwhelmed currently...

1) If you buy the live course, you only get recordings of the current live sessions and no on-demand content from last season versus on-demand seems to give you last seasons plus the taped live ones as they release?
2) It sounds like they have example problems and also example tests, does everything come with worked out solutions as well or just answers?
3) Do most people stomach the big cost and purchase both sessions or is it hit or miss on what people attend?
4) I must be thinking of another one, I thought EET was like $800 each session, but looks like it is $550/600, that's a bit better.
What are the alternative courses that are also recommended at times so I can figure out which is the most cost effective if money is tight?
5) It sounds like there is a period where they offer a reduced rate for early sign-up, but I can't find the cut-off date, when is it and what are the cost differences?
6) It sounds like they offer a bunch of reference material that you put into a binder, roughly how many pages and is it like a book where there is an index and such?
7) Is it fairly safe to say that everyone who has committed to EET gives it positive feedback and has a very strong chance of passing the PE or have some given it lesser feedback?
8) Is it too late to consider starting it now (for April '17) or what is the recommended lead time to give yourself if going through the on-demand option?
9) For anyone lingering that passed the PE and did not take this class, did you typically work tons of problems, read chapters, found free videos you can share, or what?

I am currently in the mindset that I will try and do my own studying the first time to save cost and see what happens and if it fails I will highly consider paying the fee to have the course help and cover everything the second time.
I realize that this course is likely extremely helpful since they cover every topic that is on the NCEES syllabus and I assume avoid anything not on it so it is truly focused on the upcoming exam, but that dang cost gets me hung up.
I am likely a great candidate for this course too since I have been out of things for awhile and my initial studying has me very confused and realizing just how much I don't remember.

Thanks for your feedback and time to answer.

Take all reference. Even though most table EET provides are helpful, it's not everything you will need. In fact I used there tables twice on the exam, and the rest directly from reference material. Keep in mind each exam is different too. Some people reported they pass the exam having EET notes and table only. It was impossible for Oct. 2016 exam, especially for the afternoon part. Good luck! 

I am sure a few could be found researching it, but I thought I'd ask all since I am here.
I am new to the forum as well so please forgive all the questions, I am overwhelmed currently...

1) If you buy the live course, you only get recordings of the current live sessions and no on-demand content from last season versus on-demand seems to give you last seasons plus the taped live ones as they release?
2) It sounds like they have example problems and also example tests, does everything come with worked out solutions as well or just answers?
3) Do most people stomach the big cost and purchase both sessions or is it hit or miss on what people attend?
4) I must be thinking of another one, I thought EET was like $800 each session, but looks like it is $550/600, that's a bit better.
What are the alternative courses that are also recommended at times so I can figure out which is the most cost effective if money is tight?
5) It sounds like there is a period where they offer a reduced rate for early sign-up, but I can't find the cut-off date, when is it and what are the cost differences?
6) It sounds like they offer a bunch of reference material that you put into a binder, roughly how many pages and is it like a book where there is an index and such?
7) Is it fairly safe to say that everyone who has committed to EET gives it positive feedback and has a very strong chance of passing the PE or have some given it lesser feedback?
8) Is it too late to consider starting it now (for April '17) or what is the recommended lead time to give yourself if going through the on-demand option?
9) For anyone lingering that passed the PE and did not take this class, did you typically work tons of problems, read chapters, found free videos you can share, or what?

I am currently in the mindset that I will try and do my own studying the first time to save cost and see what happens and if it fails I will highly consider paying the fee to have the course help and cover everything the second time.
I realize that this course is likely extremely helpful since they cover every topic that is on the NCEES syllabus and I assume avoid anything not on it so it is truly focused on the upcoming exam, but that dang cost gets me hung up.
I am likely a great candidate for this course too since I have been out of things for awhile and my initial studying has me very confused and realizing just how much I don't remember.

I am not going to be able to answer to all your questions, but will try my best.

2) example problems and tests are give without solution. Later on the same problems and tests are provided with solutions. I personally didn't care for their solutions as I had my way to solve some problems and their solutions only confused me.

3) I think it's either both or just depth

4) School of PE comes in mind. Their prep material for morning is good, but for the depth - not worth it. And they only sell the package, or at least did when I took it. Since I took both School of PE and EET on demand I personally like EET much better.

5) contact and ask them about cut off date. The difference was around $100 I would say

6) I had 2 big binders (2 in I think) for all material. Double sided. They have extremely great organization since they follow NCEES topics.  

7) It depends. It's definitely not enough just to listen through. You need to work problems and make yourself familiar with reference material. Some questions on exam are easy if you know where to look for the answer. No answer to this question is yes if you ready to study. Keep in mind questions they offer are not the same as you will see on the exam. They are within the same level of difficult, but might be for different concepts.

8) If you didn't start studying yet, I would skip April 2017 exam. It's just my opinion. I didn't take studying to the right level and didn't pass exam first time around. Consider getting ready. Trust me you don't want to go through exam more than once..

Best of luck! Just study! Get yourself familiar with everything NCEES will be testing you for :)  

I would tag all reference material before starting practicing. It will made it easy for you to get used to your tags.

Alright guys, I just signed up for the on-demand breadth and transpo depth from EET. Taking it early in South Carolina because Florida won't let you even register for the exam until you get your 4 years, which would put me almost a full year over by the time my license came through.
Can you get FL license if you get South Carolina license before your 4 years?

Just call the number listed and talk with Samir. He's a super nice guy and will answer all your questions.

Is it too late to start studying for April? Only you know the answer to that, and the time you have available. It would certainly be a heavy lift, IMO.

No it isn't too late but you would need to start now and put in a lot of time to catch up.

I cannot agree more!

I recommend EET! So far the best prep material I've seen. Everything goes by outline, in the same order, and EET covers afternoon preparation very well. I took School of PE before and morning was good, but afternoon - I hardly felt prepared at all... So yes, take EET!
Hi! I bought the EET on-demand webinar after seeing all of the great reviews on this site, but so far I am a little disappointed. I'm finding that the material isn't very well organized (at least, not organized according to the Civil exam specs) so I often can't find a specific topic I'm looking for. Any serious suggestions on how to make the most of the on-demand webinar are welcome. 

Hi! I bought the EET on-demand webinar after seeing all of the great reviews on this site, but so far I am a little disappointed. I'm finding that the material isn't very well organized (at least, not organized according to the Civil exam specs) so I often can't find a specific topic I'm looking for. Any serious suggestions on how to make the most of the on-demand webinar are welcome. 
Did you receive binders from EET for the on-demand webinar? 

Yes I did. 
What I recommend then is to focus on understanding the binders inside and out. Know where each topic is, sticky tab the hell out of it, know where all equations are. Being able to cross reference between the NCEES curriculum and the EET curriculum is not very important, from my experience. The binders are generally broken up into the main topics you're tested on so that should be enough to get you in the proximity of what you're looking for. My main recommendation is to tab tab and tab those binders in any way that will get you to remember where you can find everything.

The bimder should be relatively easy to match to the topic. If you are having trouble email one of the instructors.

Can you get FL license if you get South Carolina license before your 4 years?
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, per the FBPE FAQs:

If I take the PE exam early in another state will I be able to get licensed by endorsement in Florida?

YES, as long as you meet the educational, exam and experience requirements for Florida licensure.

What I recommend then is to focus on understanding the binders inside and out. Know where each topic is, sticky tab the hell out of it, know where all equations are. Being able to cross reference between the NCEES curriculum and the EET curriculum is not very important, from my experience. The binders are generally broken up into the main topics you're tested on so that should be enough to get you in the proximity of what you're looking for. My main recommendation is to tab tab and tab those binders in any way that will get you to remember where you can find everything.
Thanks for the advice - the EET written material did end up being pretty helpful on the exam. The binder is essentially all of the slides plus practice problems, so it's not necessarily a complete stand-alone study guide without the context of the videos or other sources to explain concepts. But the content was mostly on point, especially the practice exam. 

Back