Eco friendly water bottles

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ngnrd said:
Solution? Don't drink bottled water.
I used to agree with that, but...

Around 2000 or so, my wife started to notice that there are an AWFUL lot of cancer cases in our area, and she believed it was the local water. Turns out she was right. A local metal reprocessor had been dumping chemicals and heavy metals into the creek the water plant drew from. They'd been doing it for decades. It turned out that the city had to shut down the water plant immediately and buy water from another municipality until they built a new planet.

So now we drink and cook with bottled water.
How's the construction coming on the new planet? Was the city able to get the permits?

:poking:
Whatever you do, DO NOT leave a thermal exhaust port unprotected or some douchey guy in an X-wing will blow up your planet before it's done.
Lord Vader was miffed at that, but the ECO to correct that was never received in the field.

+eleventy billion SW

I wish someone would keep statistics on how many posts it takes on average for a group of nerdy engineers to hijack any serious thread and turn it into some kind of sex thread.....I'm guessing around 5.

If we really wanted to live in harmony, we'd build a shire.
+453 LOTR
That would be blown to oblivion by TIE fighters.

+1066 SW
Which, we all know, make noise in deep space when it's not possible. Therefore Tie Fighters cannot exist.

+1 Physics :p
No, the computers in the ships create the sound to help with situational awareness. Many ships also have adjusters for their inertial compensators, so the pilots can tell when they're pulling up - the best pilots (Jedi notwithstanding) tend to fly with it dialed down slightly so they can feel the turns better - Wedge Antilles believes that if Jek Porkins had flown with his compensator dialed down, he would have realized he wasn't pulling up.

+1 SW:EU

What the...what's with all the wordy arguments. That's not how this is played.

Luke kissed his sister.

And liked it.

+17,920 LOTR

+453 LOTR
35a43056-b664-4488-ad4e-886c36de0f66.jpg

+453 LOTR
That would be blown to oblivion by TIE fighters.

+1066 SW
Which, we all know, make noise in deep space when it's not possible. Therefore Tie Fighters cannot exist.

+1 Physics :p
No, the computers in the ships create the sound to help with situational awareness. Many ships also have adjusters for their inertial compensators, so the pilots can tell when they're pulling up - the best pilots (Jedi notwithstanding) tend to fly with it dialed down slightly so they can feel the turns better - Wedge Antilles believes that if Jek Porkins had flown with his compensator dialed down, he would have realized he wasn't pulling up.

+1 SW:EU
+1 LOTR GFY. Not convinced Frodo was always a guy to start with either.

He did seem to have a cozy relationship with Bilbo which of course rhymes with... ah, nevermind.

RAMMING SPEED!

Solution? Don't drink bottled water.
I used to agree with that, but...

Around 2000 or so, my wife started to notice that there are an AWFUL lot of cancer cases in our area, and she believed it was the local water. Turns out she was right. A local metal reprocessor had been dumping chemicals and heavy metals into the creek the water plant drew from. They'd been doing it for decades. It turned out that the city had to shut down the water plant immediately and buy water from another municipality until they built a new planet.

So now we drink and cook with bottled water.
I am sure you know that bottled water has fewer regulations to pass than city water.

Bottled water is regulated by the FDA, while tap water is regulated by the EPA. My point is not that bottled water is going to kill you. … But there's also no reason to believe it's better.

I for example one of Aquafina's sources is the Detroit River.

Latest posts

Back