EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still the same. Hoping to go to the YMCA today, weather permitting. Without having a thyroid, past has shown me that eating habits alone have almost zero impact, I have to burn off virtually everything through exercise, so that's the plan. Just need to find the time to actually get there, but getting the membership was the first step in the right direction.

The new gym we switched to has a kettlebell section. I read a little about the exercises and tried it out yesterday. Definitely sore today. Seems like pretty good exercise from relatively simple motions.

Anyone else work with these?

If I had known, I guess I should have gotten in on this. Something has come up that necessitates me losing about 30 pounds before the middle of January...about 10 pounds a week. Given my size (I won't embarrass myself by broadcasting my weight for the whole world to see) 10 pounds a week isn't as drastic as it would be for most. I still go to the gym, but I'm focusing on cardio and not doing the weights for the time being. Not my first choice, but this is a BMI issue so my first priority is to get the weight off, then I'll worry about hitting the weights again. So far it seems to be going pretty well. I actually had about 40 pounds to lose after I weighed myself last Wed. (12/16/09) but my wife decided it was important enough to give it a shot so she put me on the Atkins diet that Friday. When I weighed in this morning, I am down 12 pounds from last week (hence the 30 left to lose) and I imagine that all came off between Friday when I started the diet and two-a-day cardio and today. I'm making my doctor's appointment for the 19th of January so that is my deadline, until then I'm going to stick with the diet and my two cardio sessions a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it's nothing too serious!

I almost had an eye doctor's appointment for the 19th. But that's my birthday, and there's no way I'm subjecting myself to dilated eyes and those 4 zillion watt lights they shine in your eyes then.

I've been good in the fitness department this week. Hiked Saturday, snowshoed Sunday, and went to the gym last night for cardio. I'd like to get back tonight but I've got company landing at the airport at 5 AM, and I need to spruce up the house a little. My in-laws are very outdoorsy types, so whichever day looks nicer between tomorrow and Friday (off both days) we will probably go for a hike. The other day will be a gym day.

I want to get in my exercise the rest of the week as Saturday I'm driving back and forth to NY, and sunday I've got Pats tickets.

I'm still at 212. I've kinda given up on the weight loss until after the new year. It has been over a week without CABS, but I'm drinking the fake stuff, which I'm weaning myself off of.

My family eats like pigs and drinks like fish for the holidays.

At least i'll give me a New Year's Resolution. I'm also glad the weigh in is late April.

Proud new owner of Wii Sports and Wii Fit, I wonder if my fiance is trying to tell me something?

Good news: I started going to the gym finally, and got a pull-up bar for Christmas.

Bad news: I gained a pound over Christmas.

didnt really gorge over the christmas break but havent worked out either,,, plan on doing so this week!

right.....

I know you guys will probably hate me for this but since my goals are the opposite of many of you, I still need to give an update:

Over the last week I have picked up a couple pieces of work-out equipment, the "Perfect Pushup" handles and a workout tower (one of these). I also stopped by GNC to get a protein shake supplement. When added to my regular diet, I have upped my daily calorie intake to over 3500. When offset with the additional weight training, I have gained 4 lbs but am seeing improvement in muscle definition.

Been thinking about rejoining the YMCA.
These guys are eagerly awaiting your return

ymca.jpg

Through 3 family dinners, eating take out freequently, and multiple leftover meals - while eating dessert - I am still stuck on 188.

Treadmill still broken.

Wife got me perfect pullups for the doorframe downstairs to the room we plan on making a work out room. *yeah*!

Back