EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!! First time in a long time I've been over 140 for more than a week. Keep this up and I'll be 150 by spring break...

Lost 23 pounds the first two weeks or so with Atkins and cardio twice a day. The last several days I haven't lost a thing though and I've been avoiding the scale the last couple days since weight fluxuates. I've still got several pounds to go before my Doctor's appointment on the 19th so hopefully the scale will be kind when I check it again Saturday morning.

I ate pizza and drank beer last night. I stayed as far away from the scale as possible.

Well, I jumped on the scale first thing Saturday morning after avoiding it for the week and apparently I didn't have anything to worry about...I was down another 10 pounds since Sunday morning. I decided I'd stay off the scales at the gym at work and the gym after work and wait until I got home this weekend so: 1) I'd be comparing my weight on the same scale and, 2) so I didn't stress too much when my weight bounced around during the week.

My doctor's appointment is a week from this Tuesday. If his scale agrees with mine and I can stretch myself up to 6'2" then technically my weight is low enough to be below my BMI target. I still have 9 days though so I am going to keep hitting it hard until then because every scale at every doctor I've ever been to always seems to say I'm heavier than my scale at home.

Haven't updated in a little while. I'm down to 185, so I've lost 10 lbs... SLOW GOING.

Treadmill still broke, the service guy found it was the motor and they ordered it, but it's on backorder, at least a few more weeks on that.

My wife got me an EA Sports Active Wii game that I just cracked open last night. It felt kind of hokey jogging in place, but my calves are super sore today, I think it's just using the muscles differently than I normally do. At least it did "something".

Looking to get back on track and shed the weight faster. Work has been busy and stressful lately, so I haven't had much time.

How's everyone else doing?

Made it to the gym 3 days last week. Headed back tonight. Learned VERY quickly that my knees couldn't take a treadmill, so it's back on to the ellipse machine and some light freeweights again. Hopefully my recovery time will be a little better this week. Chest and arms were fine, but could barely waddle around for about 3 days.

managed to get a 1 month free trial to a local gym. Been going for just over a week now and still getting used to the routine. Because of work and daycare for the kiddos, I'm basically forced to get my workout done in the morning which means getting up another hour earlier.

Weight's holding steady at 140-143, but I'm noticing muscle definition returning. I didn't realize I had a little bit of a love handle going which is slowly working it's way off now too.

In the infamous words from the Waterboy: You can do it!

waterboy_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't lost any weight yet. Still 185. Hit my pushups goal last week, though, so that's nice.

Someone brought in brownies and I ate 3 of them already. Plus the mrs. made me a pineapple upside down cake on Sunday for my birthday, so I've been eating that too.

Plus we have a giant fiesta planned for tonight, party hats included.

Let's hope the metabolism doesn't literally hit the fan when you turn 30.

Plus the mrs. made me a pineapple upside down cake on Sunday for my birthday, so I've been eating that too.
Don't eat it if the dog made it.

Let's hope the metabolism doesn't literally hit the fan when you turn 30.
It does. I weighed 150 when I was thirty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back