EB.com App

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krakosky

Tank Ass
Reaction score
Is there any possibility of an EB.com app? The mobile site is pretty good but to see the new content in posts you have to either scroll thru all the pages or view it as the full site. Just wondering. Maybe I'm the only one who goes on the site mainly from my phone.

If you have an Iphone look for an app for "invision Power Board" its a little better than the mobile site

Ive looked around at trying to find someone to make one for Iphone and Droid but its been difficult to find someone to do it for less than a grand...

g26.jpg

Oh wait, you said Apps...

Ive sent an email to the owner of JeepForum.com , he has an app for that message board but they use Vbulletin (different Software) to see who made his app.. it works really good on an IPAD, but is similar to the IPB app on the phones...

I think I was waiting until the last board update to add the tapatalk html here so it would work, but that is a pretty good app...

I cant get tapatalk site at work, and I always forget when I get home :D

I use tapatalk for almost all of the other forums that I frequent. I had IPB for this forum until I lost my HD & upgraded my iOS. Now I have IPB Buddy (newer version, I think), but found that it's very buggy and slow on non-wifi connections when compared to the older IPB app. Either one works for me, but since it's so slow on regular cell network connections, I just started to skip checking forums.

My phone just loads the regular website. Only two threads I don't visit on the phone are the funny pic & youtube threads because it takes too long and my phone really hates animated images.

Yeah it's not really a big deal unless there are a bazillion pages to scroll thru. Other than that the mobile site works well.

I just downloaded the tapatalk software so I will try and get it downloaded tonight..

They can make a specific eb app for all phones for $799.00

So I just need 32 more supporting memberships to get that app!

Or a loan from my personal finances and I think on the .99 cent apps iTunes keeps .60 cents and I would get .40 cents.. So basically id have to sell 1600 apps on iTunes? I wonder how many years that would take to pay off?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 3 advertisers pretty close to signing up so if I can get them on board that would help me out. Id like to have it.

I think if I could find a Computer person to do it on the side it would probably be at least half of that...

I'll support the cause. Definitely high time I made a contribution as I've very much enjoyed my time on EB.com. :thumbs:

We have a gallery space here you can use, it's like a mini photo bucket, y'all should check it out!

heres the issue, Im HTML dumb and I cant figure out where to post the tapatalk code into the code here..

if anyone knows anything about this stuff give me a PM!

I can get everything done except the bottom of this link where it says to uplouad the mojibo file to my root directory (whatever that is)

http://www.tapatalk.....php?plugin=ipb
Don't the instructions say you need to remove the mojibo file and upload the new file to that directory? Can't you search for it?
Sorry I can't be more of any help.

Do these links help you at all.
/>http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/hosting/upload_website_files_to_web_host.php3

/>http://www.webproworld.com/webmaster-forum/threads/106687-Upload-a-text-file-to-Websites-Root-Directory

Maybe I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

okay I think I did it, does anyone have the tapatalk app and wants to check for us?

Back