DONE with United Airlines

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally makes me sick watching this poor guy getting dragged from his seat. No one deserves to be treated like that.

The other part that gets me is that it's a flight from Chicago to Louisville...if you need your employees there so badly, rent a fucking car and drive them the 5 hours OR put their asses on a greyhound bus. It's like they forgot what the word "Customer" means.

An embarrassing viral video of a man being forcibly dragged off a United Airlines flight has resulted in an officer with the Chicago Department of Aviation police force being placed on leave.

“The incident on United flight 3411 was not in accordance with our standard operating procedure and the actions of the aviation security officer are obviously not condoned by the Department,” Aviation Department spokesperson Karen Pride wrote in an email to the Chicago Sun-Times.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/video-appears-to-show-passenger-being-removed-from-united-flight/

Literally makes me sick watching this poor guy getting dragged from his seat. No one deserves to be treated like that.

The other part that gets me is that it's a flight from Chicago to Louisville...if you need your employees there so badly, rent a fucking car and drive them the 5 hours OR put their asses on a greyhound bus. It's like they forgot what the word "Customer" means.
Apparently the union contract required they be flown.  And by the same token, why didn't the temper tantrum throwing doctor just opt to drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the union contract required they be flown.

That's kind of crazy, considering a bus is way more comfortable than a commercial airplane.  I've had Delta send me to my destination in a bus (twice) and in a taxi once.  Granted it takes longer, but it's more comfortable in the process.

Apparently the union contract required they be flown.  And by the same token, why didn't the temper tantrum throwing doctor just opt to drive?

The more I watch the video the more the doctor looks like a whiny little bitch and less of a victim
Are you guys kidding me? Are you really siding with the now suspended officer who knocked out a nearly 70-year-old dude? COME ON. The Dr. isn't throwing a tantrum so much as being rightly outraged at being assaulted. His mouth is fucking bloody. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys kidding me? Are you really siding with the now suspended officer who knocked out a nearly 70-year-old dude? COME ON. The Dr. isn't throwing a tantrum so much as being rightly outraged at being assaulted. His mouth is fucking bloody. 
No one here has said his treatment was proper.  Are you seriously suggesting that the airline should give in to any tom dick or harry that decides to throw a tantrum and not get off the plane when they are asked?  It's not kindergarten, it doesn't work to just say "stop or I'll say stop again".  Clearly it escalated beyond where it needed to, but the guy holds a lot of culpability in that.

This is why I think that only the police should have guns! Oh wait...
I was thinking THANK GOD that none of them drew their side arm. It was already a dangerous enough situation, putting other passengers unnecessarily at risk too. If a misfire had damaged the plane or even-worse a bystander, it would have further compounded an already terrible situation.

No one here has said his treatment was proper.  Are you seriously suggesting that the airline should give in to any tom dick or harry that decides to throw a tantrum and not get off the plane when they are asked?  It's not kindergarten, it doesn't work to just say "stop or I'll say stop again".  Clearly it escalated beyond where it needed to, but the guy holds a lot of culpability in that.
I'm saying the airline should respect that a doctor who has to see patients needs to be on the flight more than someone else. Not all travel reasons are created equal. There ought to be some understanding that these are human beings and not statistics and numbers. 

Plenty of airlines have been giving into the toms, dicks, and Harrys who throw tantrums about having brown people on their flights, so why shouldn't they give in for an actually reasonable request? 

What a bunch of BS.  United is a business - they have to deal with situations like this in the same manner as a business, in other words, using good customer service.  I don't care how whiny the guy looked, I will fully support whatever legal penalty the courts impose on United and the airport cops in this case.

I've been treated like **** by United stewardesses before, for having a 3 year old autistic child tantrumming about having a seatbelt on. As we were sitting on the tarmac waiting for the door to be closed, a stewardess walked by and told me to buckle him up now, she didn't care about my plan to put the belt on as soon as we started to move back from the gate (still many minutes away).  When I tried to explain that that would minimize the screaming, she didn't hesitate, and shouted to her supervisor "I have an uncooperative passenger!" and it was like I was instantly Al Quada, and i had to beg her to stop the Inquisition and let me put his fucking seatbelt on, after which of course he screamed and cried and made life miserable for everyone around him for the next 20 minutes while we sat there.  I have not willingly flown on united since then - they empower their employee to be little Nazis.

I think I would actually have more sympathy for the passenger if he were anything other than a doctor. Let's face it 90% of doctors don't really do anything exciting but cash ridiculous paychecks and treat everyone else like their time is less valuable than others...

Yeah I am sure some kids with acne were seriously damaged by not seeing their dermatologists...

Apparently, the way I get to avoid being booted from an overbooked flight (when my ticket contractually requires that I be so) is to just scream and yell "I'm a doctor" and throw a huge tantrum like a two year old.  Good to know I will have full public support in this.

I think I would actually have more sympathy for the passenger if he were anything other than a doctor. Let's face it 90% of doctors don't really do anything exciting but cash ridiculous paychecks and treat everyone else like their time is less valuable than others...

Yeah I am sure some kids with acne were seriously damaged by not seeing their dermatologists...
Your negative view of doctor's has no bearing on the unjustified, unnecessary, and horrific actions taken on this passenger. This guy was treated like an animal and they put everyone else on the plane at risk to by being grossly negligent. I hope the doc gets a fortune off this.

Back