Does experience under a PE count before you take your FE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas cocker

Reaction score
I took the FE 1.5 years after I started working under a PE. Can I use that experience when applying to take the PE or does the experience start after you take the FE?

If I had to guess (and I am totally guessing) I would say yes. I've heard of people who have taken the FE and PE in successive test offerings, so those individuals would have to count experience prior to passing the FE, right?

Seems like that would be something you'd have to check with in your state though.

If I had to guess (and I am totally guessing) I would say yes. I've heard of people who have takten the FE and PE in successive test offerings, so those individuals would have to count experience prior to passing the FE, right?
Seems like that would be something you'd have to check with in your state though.

I forgot to say I'm located in Texas.

If I had to guess (and I am totally guessing) I would say yes. I've heard of people who have takten the FE and PE in successive test offerings, so those individuals would have to count experience prior to passing the FE, right?

I know that in Texas the 4 years adds up regardless of when you pass the FE. A buddy of mine that lives in Texas had to retake the FE and all the time working under a PE prior to passing counted towards his four year requirement.

I know that in Texas the 4 years adds up regardless of when you pass the FE. A buddy of mine that lives in Texas had to retake the FE and all the time working under a PE prior to passing counted towards his four year requirement.
Ok that makes me feel better. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back