Do I need a myspace page??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have one, not entirely sure what it is or how it works, don't care to create one.

I was all into AOL and IMing people in high school, and that was about the end of it.

Anyone can probably find out anything that they want to find out about me anyway, but I still tend not to just post it for all to see.

- VTE, private citizen

A myspace page - Sort of, I have an account but no page.A face book page - Nope

A home wireless network - Yes, I keep my network humming...

A "home" website (My internet provider allows me 5 Mb on thier web server) - Nope, but I might set one up some day...

An iPod (MP3 Player) - Yes, passes the time at work. I have one and my wife actually has two...

A "blue tooth" headset (I plug my cell phone headset in) - No way, looks freaking stupid

Surrond-sound on my TV (I do have the hi-def set) - Our basement is wired for surround sound, but we're using the receiver my wife has had for 8 years.

A TiVo unit - We have a TiVo on the upstairs TV.

A DVR unit (same as a TiVo?) - And we have a DVR built into our cable box on the HDTV downstairs.
My wife and I are both rather big technophiles so we tend to gather up a large amount of gadgets.

I googled myself one time and found this page http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetai...ee-c328f8f96584.
I don't know who started it for me, but I added to it. Sometimes I think these (linkedin and zoominfo) could be some good marketing tools.
Wow, that freeks me out. I'm on there too. Well, it has me listed under my old company but it also says "Past" next to my name. Either they think I died or they know I no longer work there. Either way, that's weird as hell.

Wow, that freeks me out. I'm on there too. Well, it has me listed under my old company but it also says "Past" next to my name. Either they think I died or they know I no longer work there. Either way, that's weird as hell.
Notice the part that says "This profile was automatically generated using 6 references found on the Internet. This information has been verified by Joseph Fusillo. Learn more"

The link explains how it's done automatically using patented semantic search technology that continually crawls the Business Web.

Holy Jebus! I'm in there too! It's pretty incomplete and does not list me as working for any particular employer, but it does have articles within the past 6 months... Weird.

Wow, that thing combined me with another guy that has my same name so it looks like I am also a president of a university. :multiplespotting:

I wonder what kind of $$$ I can demand if I switch jobs.

I'm not on there. I wonder if the information comes from filling out online resumes - like Monster or something. I've never signed up on anything like that.

^^In my case it was purely from on-line newspaper articles which happened to mention my name.

Back