Did you keep all your old homework?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I got it from my Dad (who is a civil and only had Thermogoddammits I....I had the pleasure of two more levels).

I heard Mechanics of Materials was another one of those "GD" courses. Some of the other mechs also loathed the general circuits class they had to take.

^ I enjoyed both of those classes. But I'm with Capt and thermogoddammits. The first one nearly weeded me out of ME, but the second one was more fun. This was mainly due to the second teacher actually caring that the students understand the material.

I heard Mechanics of Materials was another one of those "GD" courses. Some of the other mechs also loathed the general circuits class they had to take.

If I'd have had to take Circuits II, I'd have had to change my major.

Electricity is the invisible monster that can kill you. That's all I understand.

We set multiple circuits on fire. My lab group was two civils and an ArchE. Once they introduced opAmps (Is that even right?) I was sunk.

You made a funny and probably didn't even realize it (op-amps can be used as a current "sink").

I still have everything, aside for the social sciences and liberal arts courses. All my homework and notes are on shelves still at home, but the textbooks are at work. Kinda makes me feel more important.

not really comparable, I got rid of my stuff that was simple (like Biology), the stuff associated with most of my liberal arts, and the stuff that was going to change (like genetics). I still have all of my botany, environmental law and regulation, mensuration and measurements, economics, stadistics and EVERYthing to do with hydrology, statics, materials etc etc etc I also kept most of my -ology books, dendrology, ornithology, entomology, forest pathology, mycology, oh and ALL my botany books (plant form and function is kinda boring but plant evolution so interesting I actually reference and read it when I'm bored)

I had homework and books from almost every class until about 8 years ago. When we bought our house I purged all my liberal arts stuff but kept all my engineering books and homework. Then before my first child I purged all homework except my arctic engineering notebook. I still reference it on occasion to determine depth of thaw/freeze for different soils, embankment cover etc... The text books are all boxed up in a waterproof container in the crawl space.

I also kept most of my -ology books, dendrology, ornithology, entomology, forest pathology, mycology, oh and ALL my botany books (plant form and function is kinda boring but plant evolution so interesting I actually reference and read it when I'm bored)
You may enjoy this book, then: http://www.amazon.com/After-Ice-Age-Glaciated-America/dp/0226668126/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386593523&sr=8-1&keywords=after+the+ice+age
I think I may have that among others in a box somewhere...

^It was an interesting read, but I have to admit I just started skimming at some point. It never really seemed to cover the southeast of NA very well, and that was what I was interested in.

Back