Cut Score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soil_EngineerVA

Reaction score
I know it is silly to wonder about the cut score, but does anybody have any thoughts? I know there are 100 questions, so i was thinking maybe 65 would be the cut score. Any opinions?

I know it is silly to wonder about the cut score, but does anybody have any thoughts? I know there are 100 questions, so i was thinking maybe 65 would be the cut score. Any opinions?
What is wrong here?

It is a new format or Enviros' test has a different number of questions. It is not 80?

What is wrong here?

It is a new format or Enviros' test has a different number of questions. It is not 80?
The environmental PE is a 100 question exam. I don't know exactly when they went to 100, but it has been that way for a long time.

There are a lot of qualitative questions based on major legislation - Clean Water Act, Superfund, Clean Air Act, OSHA, etc.

They are snap judgment questions that only take a minute or two. The worst part of that exam is the extreme breadth of it.

There are a lot of qualitative questions based on major legislation - Clean Water Act, Superfund, Clean Air Act, OSHA, etc.
They are snap judgment questions that only take a minute or two. The worst part of that exam is the extreme breadth of it.
Even when I knew the answers on my exam, I still went through my references to triple check that I was right.

What is wrong here?

The environmental PE is a 100 question exam. I don't know exactly when they went to 100, but it has been that way for a long time.
Thanks FLB. I am not an Enviro so did not know.

What is wrong here?

Thanks FLB. I am not an Enviro so did not know.
No worries, brotha!

I'm with FLBuff. Even if I knew the answers, I tried to find a reference to confirm it. And there were plenty that I did not know, and spent a long time searching through my references for. In fact, I spent more time looking for answers to obscure environmental and sanitary engineering non-quantitative problems than I spent double-checking the math on the actual engineering problems. Which I think is fair, because it kind of mirrors my job in real life.

Cut score: who knows. Not even worth worrying about, IMO. I did protest one question on the exam I took, through the formal NCEES process, and I like to think that dropped the cut score a point, but I really have no idea.

Back