crunch time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm singed up for t&fs. I have been through the the six minute and ncees 3 times each and had a compiled list of unanswered questions. This was one I had a brain fart on, obviously.
No questions are weak at this point! I've had my share brain darts as well... still blazing through solutions and f'ing up units! Definitely going to triple check units and conversions on the exam.

Don't waste too much time on the SMS - in fact I suggest you burn it. Review the major concepts.

Don't think you'll see any thermo probs requiring steam tables use SI units on the exam. Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

just reading this now. Doing a grand review right now, and feeling not great about it. Wish I'd done better intermediate reviews along the way. How's it going for you??

Hoping for the best. Think I'm burnt out at this point and just want to get it over and done with.

Don't think you'll see any thermo probs requiring steam tables use SI units on the exam. Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.
I would do some problems using the SI tables. You should be familiar with them just in case.

Which reference materials are you guys planning to take in? I've read some examinees thought the merm was sufficient for the MD pm session... hoping that's the case but really indifferent to the om session at thus point. I'm more concerned with the am session to be honest for some reason.

Sheesh I just realized typing by phone at work results in a complete mess of a sentene! Yup I have my binder, shigley, a mechanics of materials book, merm, the merm practice problems and the ncees exams, sms, marks and the machinery's handbook. Probably overkill for the afternoon but I'm hoping I don't even have to take some of these out of my bag during the test. That's why I mentioned some people saying the merm was good enough for the MD pm.... hoping that's the case!

No Shigleys, D1000? I thought guys lived by that....

T&S for me- heat transfer, thermo, machine design, Crane TP 410, unit conversion book, and my home brewed binder. Oh yeah- and that MERM thingy I got last week!
You might want to consider adding ASHRAE Fundamentals to the list.

Good luck test takers. I'm not planning to do any more studying... will pack my exam duffle bag today and travel to the hotel tomorrow. Will have the wife and kids in tow so probably some toy shopping along the way.

Awesome denver! Good luck!

I'm taking:

MERM13 + practice problems + my scratch work solutions, Shigley, Marks, Machinerys Handbook, AGMA2000, Cameron hydraulic, MERM13 index bound, some extra psych charts, blow up copy of MERM13 Mollier Diagram, small dictionary, Lindbergh unit conversions (rebound in spiral), calculator + backup (in package), ear plugs, eye drops, glasses, my authorization, ID and TBD food.

Good or bad, beers will be waiting in the fridge back home.

Well- maybe I got tricked a lot... But I didn't thunk it too bad (thermal and fluids). Then again, I've been having flashbacks the past two nights and have been questioning some of my answers (is there a 'doubt' phase of post-exam stress?).

Back