crunch time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who bought their depends diapers yet? I'm going out tonight after work to pick up a package.

Gentlemen, I think this one is an easy one... I am running into several problems on Net Positive Suction Head. The term I am having an issue with is h_vp or the vapor pressure head. Both in the MERM and six minute problems it states the vapor pressure head for water at a specific temperature can be looked up in a table. It does not specify a table though. Do you know if this table exists in the MERM or do I need to bring another resource for this table?

Thanks!

Gentlemen, I think this one is an easy one... I am running into several problems on Net Positive Suction Head. The term I am having an issue with is h_vp or the vapor pressure head. Both in the MERM and six minute problems it states the vapor pressure head for water at a specific temperature can be looked up in a table. It does not specify a table though. Do you know if this table exists in the MERM or do I need to bring another resource for this table?

Thanks!
Have you tried A-69 or A-90? The MERM index lists those as having "water properties."

https://ppi2pass.com/Docs/bookInfo/MERM/MERMindex.pdf

I think I answered my question as I typed it. Go to steam tables by Temperature. Under the specified temp, grab the pressure and multiply by the specific volume (liquid). This logic sound right?

I think I answered my question as I typed it. Go to steam tables by Temperature. Under the specified temp, grab the pressure and multiply by the specific volume (liquid). This logic sound right?

You'll have to wait for a Mechanical to check that logic for you. I'm taking the Civil exam and I think steam tables are stupid. :)

You'll have to wait for a Mechanical to check that logic for you. I'm taking the Civil exam and I think steam tables, and hugging trees is stupid. :)
fixt :thumbs:

Not to be a downer but if you're taking Thermal Fluids and you're having probs with vapor pressure at this stage, you may be in some trouble.

Yeah I know the question was weak, just wanted to make sure but I think I'm doing alright in my prep. thanks.

I'm singed up for t&fs. I have been through the the six minute and ncees 3 times each and had a compiled list of unanswered questions. This was one I had a brain fart on, obviously.

I'm taking the MD.... looking for others who are doing the same... most people I know are taking the tfs pm session.

Go through the fluids and thermo in the MERM companion also. NCEES and SMS don't cover everything.

JHW3 and loudog?? You guys are taking the MD session as well right... how are things going?

Back