Could Today be It?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are three cycles of "events" here:

1- Getting close to Results- fake results are funny, relieve stress

2- When you think results should be here - joke threads are less funny, increase stress (we are in this phase now)

3- When results come out - usually all previous "entertainment" threads are forgotten pretty quick.

Today, the NCEES chat lady told me said she did not think they would be released today.

On a side note, not sure if this is information she was given or her own thinking, but she said "NCEES predicts 8-10 weeks" then gave me the dates Dec 19th through Jan 1st.

Today is the start of the 8th week, Dec 19th is the "end" of the eighth week. I brought this up and she again said Dec 19th - Jan 1st. as the 8-10 week window.

Thoughts? Is 8-10 weeks a two week or three week window? Start of 8th to end of 10th? end of 8th to end of 10th? Start of 8th to start of 10th?

Also, she did express sympathy over the frustration with the NCCES by the test takers.

Also, she did express sympathy over the frustration with the NCCES by the test takers.

the 'frustration' boils down to impatience. we all want to get our results as soon as possible but there's nothing to get pissed off about here. they're working on it. they're not 'late'. all the moaning makes engineers look like a whiny group on the whole.

Today, the NCEES chat lady told me said she did not think they would be released today.

On a side note, not sure if this is information she was given or her own thinking, but she said "NCEES predicts 8-10 weeks" then gave me the dates Dec 19th through Jan 1st.

Today is the start of the 8th week, Dec 19th is the "end" of the eighth week. I brought this up and she again said Dec 19th - Jan 1st. as the 8-10 week window.

Thoughts? Is 8-10 weeks a two week or three week window? Start of 8th to end of 10th? end of 8th to end of 10th? Start of 8th to start of 10th?

To me the 8-10 week window starts Jan 19 as she said.

That doesn't sound right to me. The deadline for CA Refile applications is January 9th.

I would think there 8 to 10 weeks means anytime before the 2nd of January. Since they have release early previously, I believe they really only have a final deadline. Anything before that is just nice for the test takers.

I find this very stressful, considering in my state, you have to apply to the board to take an Exam by January 1st. Also, as the April 2014 test showed, they can be relatively quick. It was May 20th when they released the April 14 test results to the states per their news:

http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/update-april-2014-exam-results/

So Spring was returned in 36 calendar days. We are on day 49. Take out 1 day for elections, 2 for thanksgiving and 1 for holidays and we are at 45 calendar days, I think we could have results by now.

As many have said, and I'm sure it's been said on this board many times before, it would make more sense for NCEES to release the results prior to opening the application process. I don't want to apply for April now and in a few weeks find out that I've passed (hopefully) and need to cancel my application. It's just a lot of work on the applicant's part as well as a lot of work for NCEES to process applications and then cancel them. Maybe it seems too simple and logical in my mind...

"Everybody wants this ladder..." Probably not after that fall...although to be fair, looks like the guy slipped and it wasn't actually the product's fault unlike the first vid.

Not sure if it's the same ladder (probably not) but we use a very similar one at work. Works great, it flexes due to slop in the telescoping bars but is more than sufficient to hold one engineer while you measure steel beams out of reach. Very lightweight and portable compared to a normal ladder.

I guess if I don't pass I should quit and start selling these...

Not sure if it's the same ladder (probably not) but we use a very similar one at work. Works great, it flexes due to slop in the telescoping bars but is more than sufficient to hold one engineer while you measure steel beams out of reach. Very lightweight and portable compared to a normal ladder.

I guess if I don't pass I should quit and start selling these...
Just be smart enough to not do live demos...at least with the taped stuff if you fall, like the dufus in the vid, you can always do a re-shoot.

The deadline for signing up has nothing to do with repeat test takers.

If, and I do mean IF the results are late, they will extend the deadline for REPEAT takers.

As painful as it is, relax. Spreading misinformation will not speed up the release, just as calling NCEES to get the standard 8-10 weeks reply will not help.

Question for the Vets, or anyone else in the know.....Why do the results not show up on the NCEES website at the same time regardless of your state? The video on how your exam is scored says nothing about a state accepting or rejecting a cut score. I can see that you would have to wait to get verification from the state to find out if they will issue a license but seeing that all your credential and experience is verify before even being aloud to take the exam (for Oklahoma at least).

also, this may be way to far back for anyone but does anyone have a clue what the wait time was, say 20 years ago? I would be curious if they reduced the time frame when started using electronic grading. I know the fire protection exam previously had essay questions and they got there results within 10 weeks!

Lastly I would like to meet one of these Psychometric Consultants...

I'm not questioning if they are delayed this year clearly they are not since its only 7 weeks, I'm really questioning the reason to take so long for the results.

Back