Could Today be It?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deadline for signing up has nothing to do with repeat test takers.

If, and I do mean IF the results are late, they will extend the deadline for REPEAT takers.

As painful as it is, relax. Spreading misinformation will not speed up the release, just as calling NCEES to get the standard 8-10 weeks reply will not help.

Not trying to spread misinformation. I'm saying that, in general, NCEES would save everyone a lot of trouble if they scheduled the exam such that the results were DEFINITELY released prior to the start of the next exam application process.

That would be nice.

Of course, a lot of things would be nice when it comes to this test.

Question for the Vets, or anyone else in the know.....Why do the results not show up on the NCEES website at the same time regardless of your state? The video on how your exam is scored says nothing about a state accepting or rejecting a cut score. I can see that you would have to wait to get verification from the state to find out if they will issue a license but seeing that all your credential and experience is verify before even being aloud to take the exam (for Oklahoma at least).

also, this may be way to far back for anyone but does anyone have a clue what the wait time was, say 20 years ago? I would be curious if they reduced the time frame when started using electronic grading. I know the fire protection exam previously had essay questions and they got there results within 10 weeks!

Lastly I would like to meet one of these Psychometric Consultants...

I'm not questioning if they are delayed this year clearly they are not since its only 7 weeks, I'm really questioning the reason to take so long for the results.
OH.. you WILL meet the one, true 'PSYCHO-METRIC CONSULTANT' one day, my friend.. and soon, at that.

give it a few years when the PE goes CBT like the FE, then the waitees will be complaining about something else entirely...like the fact it will closed book with nothing more than a provided manual like the FE.

give it a few years when the PE goes CBT like the FE, then the waitees will be complaining about something else entirely...like the fact it will closed book with nothing more than a provided manual like the FE.
Yeah, they are already trying to reduce the fire protection references to 3 books.

Question for the Vets, or anyone else in the know.....Why do the results not show up on the NCEES website at the same time regardless of your state? The video on how your exam is scored says nothing about a state accepting or rejecting a cut score. I can see that you would have to wait to get verification from the state to find out if they will issue a license but seeing that all your credential and experience is verify before even being aloud to take the exam (for Oklahoma at least).

also, this may be way to far back for anyone but does anyone have a clue what the wait time was, say 20 years ago? I would be curious if they reduced the time frame when started using electronic grading. I know the fire protection exam previously had essay questions and they got there results within 10 weeks!

Lastly I would like to meet one of these Psychometric Consultants...

I'm not questioning if they are delayed this year clearly they are not since its only 7 weeks, I'm really questioning the reason to take so long for the results.
NCEES won't release the results until your state asked the release. Some states want to review, some states use PCS which does down the bureaucracy.Long story short, your guess is as good as mine.

Don't be giving them any ideas.

[SIZE=10.5pt]First post on this forum (I know sorry I didn't introduce myself in the right place). I have to say, I think I was doing pretty good being patient and all. Then I stumbled on to here and after reading about everyone else's anxiety now I want my results yesterday[/SIZE]... Damn it!

[SIZE=10.5pt]First post on this forum (I know sorry I didn't introduce myself in the right place). I have to say, I think I was doing pretty good being patient and all. Then I stumbled on to here and after reading about everyone else's anxiety now I want my results yesterday[/SIZE]... Damn it!
Welcome to rush week month.

I know how you feel. I didn't even think about the exam from weeks 2 through 6. Then I knew my coworker who took the previous October exam found out early December so I started to get anxious. Then I found this forum. Now it is hard to concentrate.

thanks, maybe I was in denial or perhaps just a late bloomer but I don't think I realized I had a problem until now... There is a lot of pressure here and I design pressure vessels!

Welcome from a fellow noob. For what it's worth, I was doing just peachy until today. Now I can't say "NCEES" without using an expletive in the same sentence.

Hi ya Mustang....all we noobs are nervous....but at least we can vent together....

Welcome from a fellow noob. For what it's worth, I was doing just peachy until today. Now I can't say "NCEES" without using an expletive in the same sentence.

Yes. The sight of my NCEES provided mechanical pencil makes me sick. It won't even produce lead until I push it. Maybe that's our problem. Maybe we aren't pushing NCEES hard enough. Maybe THIS is the test, and that why they gave us the pencils. We need to push NCEES harder to get results!

Is it me or is anybody else curious what the forums look like for the BAR exam? I can't imagine getting a bunch of lawyers all riled up.

Yes. The sight of my NCEES provided mechanical pencil makes me sick. It won't even produce lead until I push it. Maybe that's our problem. Maybe we aren't pushing NCEES hard enough. Maybe THIS is the test, and that why they gave us the pencils. We need to push NCEES harder to get results!
Works for me. Has anyone tried typing profanity in all caps to the chat reps? ;)

Is it bad that I just called a local college to see if its too late to register for their PE review course...?

Back