Colorado Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting so drunk tonight. 
me too. but kind of want to go skiing tomorrow too. I had my grad school finals this wednesday and hoped PE will be out before friday.. but now not gonna sleep well this weekend either.. 

i think they stopped entering licences for the day at 56735. It's sitting there for past half an hour. probably sloths went home. 

image.png

I called DORA and got ahold of some gent there. He told me its going to take 3-4 business days to get everything uploaded. Take that for what it's worth worth. That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Ok, so after conversing with @RBHeadge PE a bit...

Did I see right that this is the first exam cycle that Colorado is de-coupling?

If that's the case, then I would imagine that the reason for the hangup is because this is a new process and they are still trying to figure it out.

It stinks that people like @MadamPirate have to put up with being the first to experience their issues, but hopefully they will figure out the process a little better after this.

I called DORA and got ahold of some gent there. He told me its going to take 3-4 business days to get everything uploaded. Take that for what it's worth worth. That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( this sucks man..........

Ok, so after conversing with @RBHeadge PE a bit...

Did I see right that this is the first exam cycle that Colorado is de-coupling?

If that's the case, then I would imagine that the reason for the hangup is because this is a new process and they are still trying to figure it out.

It stinks that people like @MadamPirate have to put up with being the first to experience their issues, but hopefully they will figure out the process a little better after this.
Yes, they've got some outstanding applications in their system (I believe, based on the license lookups), but they decoupled the exam and the application in May. 

Let me get this straight. NCEES produces results, which they've given to the States. So then each State tells NCEES to release the results on the NCEES website, right? I don't get how decoupling affects that process; how does NCEES's notification to us of results have any affect on how long it takes the States to actually process the licenses? (i.e. Why can't States process licenses after the little box on NCEES profiles turn green?)

Let me get this straight. NCEES produces results, which they've given to the States. So then each State tells NCEES to release the results on the NCEES website, right? I don't get how decoupling affects that process; how does NCEES's notification to us of results have any affect on how long it takes the States to actually process the licenses? (i.e. Why can't States process licenses after the little box on NCEES profiles turn green?)
See the below snip from the NCEES web site (https://ncees.org/exams/scores/)

image.png

What I'm getting from this is that the state "may" elect to release the results themselves instead of going through NCEES' exam administration service. I don't know if Colorado has historically chosen to go this route (I'm guessing not), but technically the state doesn't appear to be obligated to tell NCEES to release the results, according to this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
See the below snip from the NCEES web site (https://ncees.org/exams/scores/)

View attachment 15467

What I'm getting from this is that the state "may" elect to release the results themselves instead of going through NCEES' exam administration service. I don't know if Colorado has historically chosen to go this route (I'm guessing not), but technically the state doesn't appear to be obligated to tell NCEES to release the results, according to this information.
I called Dora and they asked me to submit an application to get the result released. so i did. it's so weird. i don't think they know what they are doing with this new process.

I called Dora and they asked me to submit an application to get the result released. so i did. it's so weird. i don't think they know what they are doing with this new process.
What the heck? We are supposed to wait to get our NCEES results before submitting the application, according to the documentation on their website. 

This is so stupid. 

Hmm that's so strange. Yeah I think you're onto something since they've only ever done it with you having to get your experience approved first through them (how I did it) and now that it's different is probably causing results to be delayed.

I got it approved through them first. I didn't complete the NCEES approval process. Hopefully that works out well. 

I’ve been monitoring the results map board, welcome to the suck board, etc for news on CO results the past two days. I called Dora around 4:30 yesterday and got ahold of someone that wasn’t sure why test takers couldn’t see their results on NCEES. But she asked for my last name and last four digits of my social security number, and she said she was able to look on NCEES and see that I passed PE Civil Structural. I confirmed with her twice that she was seeing the PE result, not the FE. 

edit: I registered for the exam directly with NCEES after DORA changed their rules

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they got !21 entries in on Friday.

With around 400 people in Denver testing and ~60% pass rate (generally speaking) they have a couple hundred to input. 

So would it be reasonable to expect a few more days at a pace of ~20/day??

That being said..... I probably didn't even pass and this SWAG is based on flawed assumptions and BAD math :)  

It looks like they got !21 entries in on Friday.

With around 400 people in Denver testing and ~60% pass rate (generally speaking) they have a couple hundred to input. 

So would it be reasonable to expect a few more days at a pace of ~20/day??

That being said..... I probably didn't even pass and this SWAG is based on flawed assumptions and BAD math :)  
You forgot Grand Junction. 

Back