COLORADO - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colorado guys and gals, don't get your hopes up too much for a speedy release of results. After the April exam this year, CO was about a week later than the rest for allowing NCEES to release results via their automated system. From what I understand from the last exam (which I took and was sitting in the hot seat as results approached) the person at DORA who was responsible for viewing/reviewing/or whatever they do was on vacation when the CD from NCEES arrived and no one was all that speedy to process them even when they returned. Being a "holiday week" for many, I'm guessing that NCEES may not get the go-ahead from CO to release results until next week. You might give the folks at DORA a call and see if they give you any information. They are very friendly, but they may also give you the runaround until they are ready. Good luck everyone and happy holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been sort of lurking, but since I have some decent info I figured I would post.

I recieved no email but I logged into my account on NCEES and found that I had passed the FE exam. So at least FE exam results are out.

They were delivered to the state on the 22nd, so I would guess that you PE guys might be looking to see your results after the new year, unfortunately.

:party-smiley-048:

Been sort of lurking, but since I have some decent info I figured I would post.
I recieved no email but I logged into my account on NCEES and found that I had passed the FE exam. So at least FE exam results are out.

They were delivered to the state on the 22nd, so I would guess that you PE guys might be looking to see your results after the new year, unfortunately.

Congratulations! I'm hoping I will receive a PASS mark too.

how much harder is the PE than the FE ?
FE pass % is around 55%, and the PE pass % (Civil) is 70%.

FE question is something you will see them on the school exam.

PE question is more advanced (looks like the the end of every chapter there are few questions in advanced.

If you're years out of school, I would think the FE is harder than the PE. The PE "should be" closer to what you actually do at work.

It took me 2 tries to pass the FE. This is my first try for PE and hopefully the only. Both was hard for me since I have been out of school for 13 years, only 3 months engineering experience here in the US and have not worked for about 5 years now. All I had was guts and hard work...few hundreds of hours of self review and hope it will pay of.

It took me 2 tries to pass the FE. This is my first try for PE and hopefully the only. Both was hard for me since I have been out of school for 13 years, only 3 months engineering experience here in the US and have not worked for about 5 years now. All I had was guts and hard work...few hundreds of hours of self review and hope it will pay of.
Good for you!

I graduated from college 23 years ago and took the PE last Oct. I felt I was unprepared but took the test anyways. I am a licensed civil engineer in another country and would be nice to have one here as well. I hope not to sit again in April.

Good luck to all of us!

FE pass % is around 55%, and the PE pass % (Civil) is 70%.FE question is something you will see them on the school exam.

PE question is more advanced (looks like the the end of every chapter there are few questions in advanced.
FE pass rate is 69-86% depending on discipline.

Civil PE is mid-low 60s.

Good for you!

I graduated from college 23 years ago and took the PE last Oct. I felt I was unprepared but took the test anyways. I am a licensed civil engineer in another country and would be nice to have one here as well. I hope not to sit again in April.

Good luck to all of us!
Yes, I studied a lot and yet still felt I did not prepare enough! Good luck to you too. Hope we will here from CO this week.

Just talked to CO Department of Regulatory Agencies.. They told NCEES to release results..should see them within 2 hrs by email

Passed Thermo Fluids on first try!!! What a relief!!!!! All along I told myself to assume I failed until told otherwise to prevent heartbreak. Worked for me.

Still haven't got state email, just logged into NCEES.

Just talked to CO Department of Regulatory Agencies.. They told NCEES to release results..should see them within 2 hrs by email
Its on now...good luck all.
CO POSTED! I PASSED!

:multiplespotting:

:thumbs:

Passed Thermo Fluids on first try!!! What a relief!!!!! All along I told myself to assume I failed until told otherwise to prevent heartbreak. Worked for me.:party-smiley-048:

Still haven't got state email, just logged into NCEES.
:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back