COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The playoff won't make things any better. You'll still have the same controversy over who gets left out.

Yeah, but at least there's some justification regarding who's 1/2. Take the assumption that Ohio State was bowl eligible this year. Right now, despite being 12-0, they'd be ranked 4th overall. At least they'd be in the 4 team playoff. It's not perfect, but its better than nothing.

^^^^ I think they are ranked there because of being on probation.

If they were eligible, I'm fully convinced it would be a Notre Dame - Ohio State game for the BCS.

the 4 team playoff would be so jacked up this year. I think that 2 teams from the same conference SHOULD NOT both make the 4 team bracket.

I still say IF YOU CAN'T WIN YOUR CONFERENCE, YOU DON'T GET A SHOT AT THE TITLE.

(happened last year didn't it?) I don't agree with it.

It would keep college football at "every game counts" status.

This year, look at the good teams that did not win their conference:

FLORIDA

OHIO STATE

NEBRASKA

OKLAHOMA

GEORGIA

OREGON

all of those teams are good, but failed at doing what needed done to win their conference, so toughsie shitskie

^^^^ I think they are ranked there because of being on probation.

If they were eligible, I'm fully convinced it would be a Notre Dame - Ohio State game for the BCS.

the 4 team playoff would be so jacked up this year. I think that 2 teams from the same conference SHOULD NOT both make the 4 team bracket.

I still say IF YOU CAN'T WIN YOUR CONFERENCE, YOU DON'T GET A SHOT AT THE TITLE.

(happened last year didn't it?) I don't agree with it.

It would keep college football at "every game counts" status.

This year, look at the good teams that did not win their conference:

FLORIDA

OHIO STATE

NEBRASKA

OKLAHOMA

GEORGIA

OREGON

all of those teams are good, but failed at doing what needed done to win their conference, so toughsie shitskie
Well count Ohio State out because they couldn't play for their conference, but did win their division.

I agree they need to decide on which are the 4 "real" conferences and only those conference champions get a shot......

I agree they need to decide on which are the 4 "real" conferences and only those conference champions get a shot......
At the rate they're going, there will only be four conferences left by 2015 anyways.

Who decides who the "real" conferences are anyway?

You'll never be able to implement a system that would totally exclude the majority of the FBS schools.

Back