College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we havent gotten to any of the "good" bowl games (?) But can anyone tell me what the use is of any of the bowl games to date? It is such a total waste and joke!
There will be maybe 3 or 4 worth watching, the rest you might as well watch Married with Children re-runs !

Why did the Texans and Broncos play Sunday? There wasn't much point to that game either.
Because the tickets and advertising were already sold

Thank you, Iowa.
At least the B10 won't be shut out.
Ugh, that pick 6 with 5 minutes to go was a heartbreaker... Oh well.

Now I have to wait for the draft to see who's returning and either get excited about next year, or just wait and see if the underclassmen can handle the reins. Usually, when 2+ year starters in critical positions leave, thats about a -2 games a year drop in wins.

Iowa played good, but we were passing on them all night long, just 2x to the wrong color jersey.

Thank you, Iowa.
At least the B10 won't be shut out.
Ugh, that pick 6 with 5 minutes to go was a heartbreaker... Oh well.

Now I have to wait for the draft to see who's returning and either get excited about next year, or just wait and see if the underclassmen can handle the reins. Usually, when 2+ year starters in critical positions leave, thats about a -2 games a year drop in wins.

Iowa played good, but we were passing on them all night long, just 2x to the wrong color jersey.

Iowa's defense stopped an "unstoppable" Georgia Tech in their last bowl. I expected them to do much better against Missouri. Seemed like they never had enough DBs on the field against Missouri. I would have subbed-in a DB for a linebacker... but Norm Parker knows 100x the defense that I do.

Iowa's run game really came through with the true freshman running back though. It was the second-most bowl game rushing yards for a freshman in B10 history, behind only Ron Dayne in the old Copper Bowl.

Iowa and Illinois both got upset bowl wins for the Big Ten but they didn't do anything we had not seen this year. They lost games this year not because of their talent level as much as their lack of consistency.

Iowa's defense stopped an "unstoppable" Georgia Tech in their last bowl.
lol, I'm curious to know why ever called GT's offense unstoppable. I think someone is giving themselves to much credit there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Football Bowl games are the special olympics of sports. A chance for everyone to participate in the post season.

In all seriousness though I think the bowl set up encourages interest. As a fan of a team that has had some really bad seasons, knowing that they may not play the title but could play in a game that means something keeps me interested. If the only reason to cheer for my team is to finish 4th in their conference instead of 7th then I would get bored (and/or pissed off) about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the season.

lol, I'm curious to know why ever called GT's offense unstoppable. I think someone is giving themselves to much credit there.

I graduated from Florida State and I'm now in grad school at Michigan State.

Before the Orange Bowl last year, my former FSU classmates were telling me how GT ran through the ACC at 11-2 and Iowa had no chance.

Before the Orange Bowl last year, my former FSU classmates were telling me how GT ran through the ACC at 11-2 and Iowa had no chance.
HA! So beating a 7-6 FSU team last year = an unstoppable GT offense? I know FSU fans think pretty highly of their football program, but c'mon. :p

All it takes to stop GT's offense is a disciplined defense, which Iowa had and that FSU seldom has. Historically FSU beats people on talent, not discipline.

HA! So beating a 7-6 FSU team last year = an unstoppable GT offense?

No, winning the ACC while averaging 35 points per game = an unstoppable GT offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iowa and Illinois both got upset bowl wins for the Big Ten but they didn't do anything we had not seen this year. They lost games this year not because of their talent level as much as their lack of consistency.
They weren't upset wins for me. I took both in my bowl predictions. I was surprised at how the PICKS were going in the other direction.

I know there isn't many Big10 people on here, but I've said it before, I'd put the Big10 top 5 against the SEC top 5 any day, and it would be toss up games, IMO. I would also put Big10 top 5 teams against any team from another conference.

They play pretty good football. Whoever came up with the 'lack of speed' thing, I don't get it.

BTW, Iowa and Illinios aren't top 5 Big10. (Iowa maybe #5, maybe)

I predict extreme pain for my gators since they seem to be set adrift without much in the way of coaching. Even though Michigan has played terribly this year ... Florida has outplayed them in the bad department.
Michigan has nothing to do with the whoopin' that UF is going to take from JoePa and boys. :D

Worst of all ... I missed the bowl pool. :bawling:
JR

You can still get in, and even win the thing from this point, GET IN NOW!!!!

DVINNY would like you to join their group in Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!
To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

Group ID#: 8399

Password: eb2500

-- College Bowl Pick'em Commissioner

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl

They weren't upset wins for me. I took both in my bowl predictions. I was surprised at how the PICKS were going in the other direction.

I know there isn't many Big10 people on here, but I've said it before, I'd put the Big10 top 5 against the SEC top 5 any day, and it would be toss up games, IMO. I would also put Big10 top 5 teams against any team from another conference.

They play pretty good football. Whoever came up with the 'lack of speed' thing, I don't get it.

BTW, Iowa and Illinios aren't top 5 Big10. (Iowa maybe #5, maybe)

The B10 has held its own in bowls against the $EC over the past few years. The real monkey on the B10's back has been the B12 (until this week anyway).

Part of what evens the table in the B10/$EC bowls is the time off. I don't think the B10's best rosters can match the $EC's best rosters, top to bottom. But when teams have 4-6 weeks to get healthy, depth is far less important.

This is the first year since I started going to college that I haven't kept up with the college bowl season well. I caught the game last night by accident - not sure what was happening there! :eek:
I predict extreme pain for my gators since they seem to be set adrift without much in the way of coaching. Even though Michigan has played terribly this year ... Florida has outplayed them in the bad department.

JR
??

UF is playing Penn State, not Michigan. :true:
Yeah ... that is just how removed I am from the bowl game season this year!!!! :eek:

Michigan has nothing to do with the whoopin' that UF is going to take from JoePa and boys. :D

JR

You can still get in, and even win the thing from this point, GET IN NOW!!!!
See the note above!

JR

Back