CO - PE Results!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update cowgirl.

This is absurd. What happened to CO being direct notification?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bean says he guessed Friday long ago as the results date. I have put my faith in Bean - I plan to commiserate with all of you on our failing results or will be doing keg stands at the office in celebration tomorrow
I just spoke to someone at CO DORA and they said they didn't have the results yet and thought they would be out early next week or early the following week :( So unfortunately we will not find out for another weekend it looks like!
:smileyballs: Why did NCEES have to ship the results via pony express?

Bean says he guessed Friday long ago as the results date. I have put my faith in Bean - I plan to commiserate with all of you on our failing results or will be doing keg stands at the office in celebration tomorrow
I just spoke to someone at CO DORA and they said they didn't have the results yet and thought they would be out early next week or early the following week :( So unfortunately we will not find out for another weekend it looks like!
:smileyballs: Why did NCEES have to ship the results via pony express?
I just spoke to someone at NCEES and they said they had to have Colorado approval prior to releasing any results... and they do not approval yet... I don't know what is going on. Nonetheless, we are not going to find out today.

Perhaps the approval will occur at the board meeting schedule for tomorrow, and NCEES can release the results. There's no need for DORA to get the results just to approve the release.

Still, I won't be surprised if the rest of the states get results historically early and we get to wait longer than usual.

It sounds like we are getting two different stories from NCEES and the State. From what I have gathered looking at other states and previous statements by NCEES, all of the results were sent out last week and the State does have them. Heck, the passing percentages are even out. It may be that the results have not yet gotten to the right people at the State. My guess is that the State is just giving a silly stock answer while the results sit near the bottom of a to-do pile. It is hard waiting here when states with USPS notification have been arriving for the past week and Colorado, a direct notification State, has not been able/willing to release them. Oh well, I guess I will have to just get used to the idea of going through another weekend not knowing. I have been spending WAY too much time worrying about this and can't wait for it to be over!

Looking at the agenda for Friday's Board meeting they do have "Licensing Applications" as an item. Not sure if this is just to approve an application pending exam or if they would take action on the exam results. Too bad I can't attend the meeting.

This is pretty ridiculous. Have we just been mislead on Colorado being a direct notification state? Maybe so. And in looking at the dates of board meetings from years past, they don't coorelate with the dates from when results are released. They have some meetings before and some after when the results are released. And in the case from the Oct. 2009 exam, they canceled the December meeting. And I highly doubt the results were available in time for the November meeting. So I don't think it's necessarily a board meeting we're waiting for. It's probably some person with the results somewhere in their inbox.

So here is the agenda for tomorrow's meeting: http://www.dora.state.co.us/aes/board/Agenda.pdf Anyone want to see what's going on?
I'm holding out hope until tomorrow afternoon.
According to the results spreadsheet, Colorado got their April 2009 results released via the website on June 25th. There was a Colorado board meeting on July 10th where they issued 303 PE licenses, which I assume were from the April test - so it doesn't appear that the board review was required last year to release. I'm guessing Max is right and they are just sitting somewhere waiting to be processed

07/10/09 Meeting minutes - http://www.dora.state.co.us/aes/board/71009minutes.pdf

Yeah I noticed that. Results for other states came out well ahead of time as compared to last year, and Colorado supposedly being a DN state (which apparently is nonsense) we should have had results last week, but even this week would be ok. All I know is I'm going to be pretty cheesed off if they aren't here next week, as I'll be out of contact for a while after that and I really don't want to have to wait until July for my results.

No exam results, but they did add new PE numbers to DORA site for endorsements. I about fell out of my chair until I checked how few they added....

Now I am hitting refresh too often on PE License number 44227

44227 is the next available number at this point.

Repeating something that was posted a couple minutes prior...hell of a way to use post 100.

Added one more. Next number in line is 44228. They have to be gearing up for the BIG jump in numbers. I just know it. *crosses fingers*

Added one more. Next number in line is 44228. They have to be gearing up for the BIG jump in numbers. I just know it. *crosses fingers*
Or we are all a bunch of mouth breathers and only one guy passed in April.....

:waitwall:

I contacted the folks at Dora today, here is what I got:

Me:

We spoke quite a bit during my application process and you have always been extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

According to NCEES, they are waiting for Colorado to approve the April 2010 exam results prior to releasing them. However, a coworker of mine spoke to someone at CO Dora and they are saying that Colorado is still waiting for NCEES to provide the results. This seems like there might be a break-down in communication. Colorado is a direct notification state (at least this is my understanding), but we're still waiting on NCEES to email us our results despite some other states where examinees have already received results via USPS.

Can you tell me, are we waiting for the board meeting before they receive results? Or can you at least say if Colorado has received results?

The wait has become difficult with over 26 states having received results between Tuesday 6/1 and this morning.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Them:

I was told the results will be out next week or the first part of the following week. Just watch your e-mail because that is how the NCEES will be sending your pass/fail. This will go to the e-mail address you provided them.

Thank you,

Blah blah blah!!!!

As you can see, we're getting nowhere. Another weekend of waiting so it appears.

I posted this modified version of a comical remake of a few good men. The original I got was between an Architect and Engineer. It was floating around email a few years back. Anyway, I modified this for our current situation.. Enjoy

THE WAIT:

NCEES: You want answers?

ENGINEER: I think I'm entitled to them.

NCEES: You want answers?!

Engineer: I want the truth!

NCEES: You can't HANDLE the truth!!

Son, we live in a world that has an exam administered twice a year.

And that exam has to be sorted, graded, compiled, emailed and in some states even MAILED! Who's gonna sort through those results while fielding calls from impatient ENGINEERS? You? You, MR. Examinee? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for LOST WEEKENDS and you curse the delay in processing.

You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that THOSE EXAMS, while tricky, probably saved lives.

And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't post about on EB.com, you WANT me on that Board.

You NEED me on that Board.

You use words like DESIGN, CODE, ANALYSIS...

you use these words as the backbone to a life spent providing Engineering to the Public.

I use 'em as a punchline at the water-cooler.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my delay to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very licensure process which I provide,

then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a a calculator and NCEES study guide and start preparing for the Re-EXAM.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

NCEES: Did you take the pencil from the exam room, AND call 10 times for results since Junce 1st?

Engineer: (quietly) I took the exam you administered.

NCEES: Did you take the PENCIL from the EXAM ROOM and call 10 times for results since June 1st?!!

Engineer: You're goddamn right I did!

THE END

I contacted the folks at Dora today, here is what I got:
Me:

We spoke quite a bit during my application process and you have always been extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

According to NCEES, they are waiting for Colorado to approve the April 2010 exam results prior to releasing them. However, a coworker of mine spoke to someone at CO Dora and they are saying that Colorado is still waiting for NCEES to provide the results. This seems like there might be a break-down in communication. Colorado is a direct notification state (at least this is my understanding), but we're still waiting on NCEES to email us our results despite some other states where examinees have already received results via USPS.

Can you tell me, are we waiting for the board meeting before they receive results? Or can you at least say if Colorado has received results?

The wait has become difficult with over 26 states having received results between Tuesday 6/1 and this morning.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Them:

I was told the results will be out next week or the first part of the following week. Just watch your e-mail because that is how the NCEES will be sending your pass/fail. This will go to the e-mail address you provided them.

Thank you,

Blah blah blah!!!!

As you can see, we're getting nowhere. Another weekend of waiting so it appears.
Thanks for contacting them. It seems as if Colorado must have them, why would NCEES score and send the Colorado tests later than others? I think DORA is giving us the run around.

Bummer - I was hoping to hear on Friday just in time for some beers - one way or another.

:whipping:

Colorado is officially in the lower half of the union, 26 states have sent results and Colorado is not one of them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back