Civil Eng. PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C. Lynn

Reaction score
I was unsuccessful in passing the PE exam in April. I took the Construction afternoon portion and was not prepared at all. The morning session went fairly well; however, I completely failed the afternoon. I have vast experience in vertical construction (hospitals, schools) and now public works. Are there any resources you can suggest that could help me better prepare for the afternoon session in Construction? Thanks so much.

C. Lynn

The afternoon session was brutal when I took it. First suggestion I have is to make sure you have all the appropriate references for the test. They can all be found here:

http://pe-exam.com/civil-construction-pe-exam-resources You have to make sure you are familiar with each of the references so you aren't wasting time trying to find a topic within a specific resource. Second, I would strongly recommend going through the Ruwan Rajapakse Construction Module book. The actual layout of the book is terrible but the practice problems helped my tremendously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back