Christmas gifts

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a home depot gift card, which I spent the very next day on a new sump pump because I discovered my old one had stopped working Christmas night and my crawl space was full of water.  :\
RW, had a similar thing happen at our house over Thanksgiving.  Luckily we were home.  If you're into various tech solutions, I also installed one of these upon replacing our sump pump.  So at least I will be notified earlier that there's an issue.  It obviously doesn't protect against a failure, but it would have been good to catch it earlier.

http://us.dlink.com/products/connected-home/wi-fi-water-sensor/

I got a countertop deep fryer from my mother-in-law. I'm looking to make funnel cake. 
And cheese curds for next season? :thumbs:

I bought my husband a knock off GoPro that came with oodles of accessories. I told him to start with that one and see how it goes. I told him I had reservations about a $200 camera going down an ice fishing hole. He agreed. So far, he's enjoying it. This weekend it gets dash mounted for a demolition snow-cross event he's driving in. 

I bought my husband a knock off GoPro that came with oodles of accessories. I told him to start with that one and see how it goes. I told him I had reservations about a $200 camera going down an ice fishing hole. He agreed. So far, he's enjoying it. This weekend it gets dash mounted for a demolition snow-cross event he's driving in. 
That needs to be posted somewhere upon completion.  I'm just sayin'.  LOL

1 hour ago, roadwreck said:

I got a home depot gift card, which I spent the very next day on a new sump pump because I discovered my old one had stopped working Christmas night and my crawl space was full of water.  :\
RW, had a similar thing happen at our house over Thanksgiving.  Luckily we were home.  If you're into various tech solutions, I also installed one of these upon replacing our sump pump.  So at least I will be notified earlier that there's an issue.  It obviously doesn't protect against a failure, but it would have been good to catch it earlier.

http://us.dlink.com/products/connected-home/wi-fi-water-sensor/

56 minutes ago, csb said:

I got a countertop deep fryer from my mother-in-law. I'm looking to make funnel cake. 
And cheese curds for next season? :thumbs:
Interesting. I'll have to look into that, I was already looking at alarms but I didn't realize there were WiFi enabled versions too.

Unless you get the old one there like almost $400!

My younger son has the knock off, but the accessories don't work as well as we'd like but we "engineered" a way to make them fit..

No way i would let him put a $200 or $400 camera on his helmet and ski down hill, however he hasn't lost the $50 one yet

I got a shirt. My wife got a new set of rings to replace the one she lost. You know, the one I gave her about 27 years ago.

My sons got both a gaming chair ( am regretting buying it already) and my daughter a Disney themed sweater and some jewelry. Did I mention I got a shirt? Even our dogs got new toys to play with .

I got a shirt. My wife got a new set of rings to replace the one she lost. You know, the one I gave her about 27 years ago.

My sons got both a gaming chair ( am regretting buying it already) and my daughter a Disney themed sweater and some jewelry. Did I mention I got a shirt? Even our dogs got new toys to play with .
You must have been on someone's naughty list.

I thought only old dudes wore watches?

My wife bought herself a pair of $300 snowboarding boots for Christmas, wore them one day and decided they were too small, went and bought another pair of boots, and now guess who stuck returning the original boots?

I get to do the dirty work because she knows that if they give us crap about returning them I'll become an asshole, raise my voice, use profanity etc.

T is the season!!

I was given the same task by my MIL because she bought my kids those scooters that have the deck which light up when they ride it. Except theirs didn't light up and that became my problem. Fuckin extended families...

And yes normally old dudes wear watches, but ain't no old dude wearing this one...

I get to do the dirty work because she knows that if they give us crap about returning them I'll become an asshole, raise my voice, use profanity etc.
Can you please take video and post it. That would be entertaining as hell.

I am on my way there now, I put on my old army field jacket just to look a little more psycho...hopefully it will go smoothly

latest

Well that was too easy, I was expecting a little drama since it was obvious that she wore them, oh well maybe next time

He gave it a test run on the car and it works really well. I'm expecting this to end up looking like all of those Russian driving videos. 
I hope not.  The ruskies always record crashes.

Latest posts

Back