Celebrating and Venting About Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed civil-transportation. Walking out of the exam I felt like I got 31 in both morning and afternoon, but by last week I was worrying I had just went for all the trick answers. I'm relieved I don't have to go through the whole process again. Also relieved that Texas released yesterday instead of waiting to release when they had the scores prepared.

Don't forget to consider making a donation to EB.com if it was at all helpful to you. Pass the word to others as well. Helps keep the lights on around here. :thumbs:
I became supporting member just so that can post faster on the spam thread.  Fun times

I passed this third time in Civil WRE.  The exam didn't seem harder or easier, but I just did so many practice problems that I knew which problems I usually miss due to misunderstanding the question.  When I was working practice problems I noticed that I kept missing about 40% of the problems and most of them was the easiest straight forward ones.  They were actually not tricky problems, but its just that sometimes we get too excited and quickly solve them the same usual way.  Its the same equation but they're just asking us to solve the other variable instead or divide by 2 instead of multiply by 2.  

I made sure to follow the NCEES syllabus and organize all my AM material in the same order.  The afternoon session I don't think I had much control over, because there were many over the head questions in addition to the same gimmee problems.  I did ok on my second attempt, but I noticed that I missed about 8 of the last ten depth questions.  This exam session I just paused and went to the wash my face and just moved around a little to loosen the tension.  I think I correctly answered at least 7 of the last ten problems at the end instead.  The exam expects us to sit down for 4 hours straight for two sessions in a day and its really stressful.   I don't think I know more exam material, but I think I just got used to seeing all the little tricks they do to reword problems slightly different from the practice problems that everyone has in their reference binders.  I self studied all three times and it just seems that I just had to polish up my test taking skills by practicing more problems on my own and not look up the solutions right away.

EB has been a great support website to help with my anxiety as well as provide valuable information to get me prepared for this formidable exam.  Thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement.  Congrats to all who passed and I wish everyone who didn't pass will pass in October.  Do not shy away from using the resources here.  

I highly recommend EET for Breadth and Depth! They're amazing, organized, friendly and fun. I wish I took them earlier. Thanks EET! 

I found out I passed a few hours before I left on a 3 day hike on the Old Loggers Path in Masten, PA. It was a bit risky checking the results right before I left, but in the end it was worth it and made the trip way better.

EET was my primary source of studying and I am so glad I took it over the School of PE (who cancelled their class on me a week before it was originally going to begin).

My bank cut me off before the clubs did. Made it back alive.

edit: WOOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed in Florida on 1st try, Civil Trans, but was super nervous before and during the 1st hour of the exam.

Shaking with anxiety, I opened the test hoping to calm down by seeing a familiar problem I had practiced on, but didn't. Five pages in, I still didn't see one.

I took SoPE, did the videos for a month, practiced problems after that, completed practice tests after that. Thought at the time it was thorough. The practice exam provided by NCEES was a disappointment. A peer told me that if I got a 50% on it I'd do great on the exam. Seemed impossible to imagine because it was super simple. Thinking I'd failed, I was pricing EET because of some of the other threads here.

I was able to eliminate answers to help my odds. I practiced at home on half a folding table (put painter's tape down the middle lol) in preparation. Hindsight? I would have reviewed material specifically NOT mentioned by SoPE more...

Good luck to those retesting, you'll nail it in October!

Back