CALIFORNIA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this Saturday is a probable date to receive mail after the board meeting this Thursday of CA PE board? Most of the people at work told me that results letter normally arrive on Saturdays. If I can rememeber right, that also happened when I was waiting for my EIT result letter.

I would forward the email to the board ASAP. That sounds all kinds of wrong.
Although if you do hear from him again, give him my email address. I'm dying to find out! :D
I am attaching this email from him:

----- Original Message -----

To: XXXX

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:04 PM

Subject: I received note from BPELS

XXXX,

The engineering board (BPELS) knows that I teach a ChE PE Refresher class and sent me a list of people that did not pass the OCT 2005 exam.

I was sorry to see your name on the list. I hope you only missed by a point or two! However, the good news is now you are more relaxed in that you know what to expect.

I am Bob Katin, a licensed Chemical Engineer with over 30 years of industrial experience, and own a training company. We offer a refresher course in chemical engineering principles that will help ChEs solve problems in their plants, and prepare for the PE Exam. My class provides real life industrial examples from which to perform calculations. I have operated my training company for the past 7 years and 75% of my attendees have earned their PE. One recent attendee had taken the PE exam five times and failed five times. He even took other peoples' refresher classes. He passed after taking my class!

Most of the participants in the PE Refresher class have been away from college for at least five years. A review class is the best way to prepare for the PE exam.

My refresher course is designed to emphasize practical problem solving. The handouts are very user-friendly and make an excellent reference book. After solving the problems in this refresher course, by using the tables and figures in the appendices, attendees will be more comfortable in the PE exam. Since the PE exam is open book, it is important that candidates be proficient in using the reference books they bring to the exam.

If you want to take my ChE Refresher as a correspondence course, I will mail you the first few modules upon receipt of your check. After you solve the problems in the section and feel comfortable, take the pre-quiz and quiz at the end of each module. Depending how well you feel you did, call, fax, or send me a copy of your calculations for both the pre-quiz and quiz or just the quiz. I'll look them over and provide feedback. When you are ready to move on, I will mail you the next set of modules. Topics include: Chemistry, Fluid Flow, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Pumps, Compressors, Reactors and Kinetics, Instrumentation, Refrigeration, and Mass Transfer (Distillation, Stripping, Scrubbing, Adsorption and Absorption).

The class will be held on six Saturdays from 9 AM to 4 PM, starting on March 11, 2006 and ending on April 15, 2006 in Walnut Creek, California. Approximately one third of each of my classes has commuted in from Southern California.

I restrict my class to only ten students so that all attendees get adequate attention. For logistics purposes, please let me know if I may expect to see you.

If anybody else is in the LA area, hope you don't have any damage. And I hope that the quake doesn't give the board a reason to delay our results!

If anybody else is in the LA area, hope you don't have any damage. And I hope that the quake doesn't give the board a reason to delay our results!
Sacto is WAY up there, they have to come up with something else to delay our results...

I'm in the LA area (30 miles from Chino Hills), luckily no damage was done.

I don't think they felt it in Sacto... I am 15 miles from the epicenter, I was not impressed.

My woman felt it all the way in Carlsbad and my dad felt it in West LA

Just one more day before the board meeting. I totally understand the feeling of CA exam takers since I have been through last year. Good luck to you all.

Good luck to you. Hopefully y'all will find something out soon. This torture has went on long enough for y'all!

Good luck to you. Hopefully y'all will find something out soon. This torture has went on long enough for y'all!
[SIZE=36pt][/SIZE]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

The guessing game is how long does it take to update there database? Is this a case of just dropping the letters in the mail? If so, why did it take so long then?

The guessing game is how long does it take to update there database? Is this a case of just dropping the letters in the mail? If so, why did it take so long then?
This is what they say in pels.ca.gov:

"The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated."

This is what they say in pels.ca.gov:
"The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated."
What I meant was, is there a time period to take into account the findings of the board or is the board's approval just a rubber stamp and the letters are ready to go in the mail as soon as the board gives the thumbs up? It could be that the cut scores will be entered into the database and the subsequent letters will then be printed and mailed most likely on Friday. I am just tired of waiting. The longer I wait the worst I think I did. I just want to know.

What I meant was, is there a time period to take into account the findings of the board or is the board's approval just a rubber stamp and the letters are ready to go in the mail as soon as the board gives the thumbs up? It could be that the cut scores will be entered into the database and the subsequent letters will then be printed and mailed most likely on Friday. I am just tired of waiting. The longer I wait the worst I think I did. I just want to know.
I’m waiting too and we’re almost there!

I think the best thing is just doing something else and forget it for 2-3 days, don’t waste your weekend!

I’m waiting too and we’re almost there!I think the best thing is just doing something else and forget it for 2-3 days, don’t waste your weekend!
Yeah, right! Easier said than done. I have looked at the Database Lookup three times today to see if someone is going to jump the gun. I guess it would really suck to have someone jump the gun give me a number then make a correction to take it away!

:brickwall: :brickwall:

They will not update the database before you get the letter (unless your letter is delayed). It has never happened.

They posted the Statistics!!!! Letters should be in the mail going out today...might get it tomarrow!!

They mailed the letters yesterday as stated on their website.

Don't know whether they updated the database yet, as it said the last update was Jul 31.

I didn't see my name there :(

Back