CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my surveying result in Arkansas Yesterday paotmared on 1/7.

I was very confident in suveying exam but I failed. This sucks. October Surveying exam was easier than the previous two exams. I think I made around 40; couldn't answer 5 and guessed 5. lOOKS .....SOMETHING THEY HAVE SCREWED UP WITH STATE SPECIFICS.

Diagnostic report says I'm deficient in 2 sections and marginal in 2 sections. No proficient in any which I was in two sections in previous exams.

how do you guys define deficient, marginal and proficient ?

I'M THINKING TO APPEAL FOR EXAM RECHECK. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.

THANKS

Sorry to hear that same thing happened with me but

Unfortunately multiple choice exams can not be appealed, hand scored, or rechecked

I know its very disturbing but nothing we can do except

Focusing and start studying

Good luck

[EISSAH,

Do you know about any online surveying review courses?

There is a an archived seminar with the institute of technology Irvine

http://www.irvine-institute.org/admissions_iit.htm

Not sure how effective it is...I believe Reza's book and may be Cuomo's will do

Luckattack's Theory is still holding true! :D
Credit should go to Silvamela who first posted the Theory. With his analytical skills, I hope he passes.
Yeah great credit should go out to Silvamela if his theory proves right, it just seems too good to be true. I am still waiting on my survey result, it's all that I need left, all my coworkers got their results on monday and no one passed and theres were postmarked 1/7/11 so I'm hoping I will pass since I still don't have anything in the mail yet. The wait is really unbearable, I'm having constant nightmares about failing and would just like to know the result so all the anxiety can go away.

PS: I live in socal

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit should go to Silvamela who first posted the Theory. With his analytical skills, I hope he passes.
Yeah great credit should go out to Silvamela if his theory proves right, it just seems too good to be true. I am still waiting on my survey result, it's all that I need left, all my coworkers got their results on monday and no one passed and theres were postmarked 1/7/11 so I'm hoping I will pass since I still don't have anything in the mail yet. The wait is really unbearable, I'm having constant nightmares about failing and would just like to know the result so all the anxiety can go away.

PS: I live in socal
Thats funny, i had a dream last night about the database being updated and i wasnt in it. it took me about an hour after i woke up to not be unconsiously bummed out

Sorry, I was going through posts this morning trying to figure who first posted the Theory. So it is the "Silvamela Theory", I like it. Makes sense that the envelope stuffers would have separate bins for passers and failers, since if you fail they have to include the second diagnostic form.
Thank you guys, you are all too kind :) I am in SoCA and still waiting. I would love to prove that "my theory" is true.

As a side note, I know that Civil is highly male dominating, however I am a woman :wave2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I was going through posts this morning trying to figure who first posted the Theory. So it is the "Silvamela Theory", I like it. Makes sense that the envelope stuffers would have separate bins for passers and failers, since if you fail they have to include the second diagnostic form.
Thank you guys, you are all too kind :) I am in SoCA and still waiting. I would love to prove that "my theory" is true.

As a side note, I know that Civil is highly male dominating, however I am a woman :wave2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, if The Theory is indeed true, nicely done, SilvaMela

Thanks to the Silvamela Theory, I'll make some celebration plans, (ie buy a bottle of bubbly), on the way home from work! Glad when this will be over. I will post my result and postmark date as soon as I get it.

I was very confident in suveying exam but I failed. This sucks. October Surveying exam was easier than the previous two exams. I think I made around 40; couldn't answer 5 and guessed 5. lOOKS .....SOMETHING THEY HAVE SCREWED UP WITH STATE SPECIFICS.

Diagnostic report says I'm deficient in 2 sections and marginal in 2 sections. No proficient in any which I was in two sections in previous exams.

I'M THINKING TO APPEAL FOR EXAM RECHECK. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.

THANKS
Bottomline, the Survey exam they don't give you enough time. I took it for the second time and still awaiting results. I felt very similar, got through 40, could to 5 but too lengthy and made educated guesses, forced to guess 5 no time left. I think "deficient, marginal and proficient" simply means, say if there was 9 problems in one are 1-3 correct is deficient, 4-6 mariginal, 7-9 proficient etc.
I think it's just a matter of each individual's experience with those type of questions. In my field of work, the surveying exam is considered the "gimme" easy exam. Last April I studied one hour for that exam right before it. I walked out of the exam thinking I studied one hour too much. The key is to practice going through problems to get to the point where you can quickly determine how to solve each problem.

Seismic, on the other hand is difficult for a lot people in my field because it's more foreign to us and it's sometimes hard to finish the exam on-time. I had to take it again in October, but still haven't received my letter yet so I'm cautiously optimistic.

THANKS
Bottomline, the Survey exam they don't give you enough time. I took it for the second time and still awaiting results. I felt very similar, got through 40, could to 5 but too lengthy and made educated guesses, forced to guess 5 no time left. I think "deficient, marginal and proficient" simply means, say if there was 9 problems in one are 1-3 correct is deficient, 4-6 mariginal, 7-9 proficient etc.
I think it's just a matter of each individual's experience with those type of questions. In my field of work, the surveying exam is considered the "gimme" easy exam. Last April I studied one hour for that exam right before it. I walked out of the exam thinking I studied one hour too much. The key is to practice going through problems to get to the point where you can quickly determine how to solve each problem.

Seismic, on the other hand is difficult for a lot people in my field because it's more foreign to us and it's sometimes hard to finish the exam on-time. I had to take it again in October, but still haven't received my letter yet so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Im in exacly the same boat. i studied for survey exam on the break between the seismic and survey. Passed survey with ease but failed seismic that time. now i am just waiting on seismic. I live in central valley so im guessing mail will be in today if sent monday and i will post as i receive

Letter postmarked 1/7/11 (Located in Honolulu, HI)

Failed both seismic and surveying.

Really bad diagnostic function, you're either deficient, marginal, or proficient in vague topics.

Chicago IL, Last name J

No letter yet

95% confident leaving national and passed,

90% confident on seismic

90% confident on surveying

We'll but I trust the theory at this point.

I called NCEES today. They told me they will upload State test results at some point. Anybody knows anything about this?

I'm In Salt Lake City. No letter in the mail today. Guess I will have to hold off on celebrating untill tomorrow!!

I called NCEES today. They told me they will upload State test results at some point. Anybody knows anything about this?
I'm sure you did the same - but i checked NCEES after reading your post and there were no state-specific results. Yet.

I'm sure you did the same - but i checked NCEES after reading your post and there were no state-specific results. Yet.

Hehe...I did, for the 10th time today. I changed my address and they need to mail my letter again, who knows when it will arrive...

Hehe...I did, for the 10th time today. I changed my address and they need to mail my letter again, who knows when it will arrive...
are they going to upload them to the NCEES site?

are they going to upload them to the NCEES site?
That's what they say but who knows when...

I bet SoCAL people get their PASS letter today in the mail. I got mine in NorCAL yesterday with postmark 1/10/11

GL!

Letter came, passed Seismic and Survey! Theory stays folks!!! Passed the 8h last time, so all done!!

Back