CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did great in survey, and kinda good in seismic, didn't recieve it today's mail, last name starts with A.

Just passed the P.E. Civil/Struc - First Time.....All 3...I was a silent observer..but wanted to post to let others know that my letter is dated Jan 7 2011 and I received my letter just today...I live in east bay, CA
Congrats to 313Alex313 and SE.!

I'm in Oakland, Ca. I also just got my letter today, postmarked on 01/10. Passed all three-First attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just passed the P.E. Civil/Struc - First Time.....All 3...I was a silent observer..but wanted to post to let others know that my letter is dated Jan 7 2011 and I received my letter just today...I live in east bay, CA
Congrats to 313Alex313 and SE.!

I'm in Oakland, Ca. I also just got my letter today, postmarked on 01/10. Passed all three-First attempt.
Congratulations! Passed the 8-hr last week, still waiting on surveying/seismic.. I sure hope my letter is postmarked 1/10!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some body please check the database if it is updated or not, the date is changed.
It hasn't. The last Civil number issued is 77195. It's been stagnet for some time. They said Wed or Thursday. Which really means Thursday or Friday morning when the results are available since it's updated overnight

I got my surveying result in Arkansas Yesterday paotmared on 1/7.

I was very confident in suveying exam but I failed. This sucks. October Surveying exam was easier than the previous two exams. I think I made around 40; couldn't answer 5 and guessed 5. lOOKS .....SOMETHING THEY HAVE SCREWED UP WITH STATE SPECIFICS.

Diagnostic report says I'm deficient in 2 sections and marginal in 2 sections. No proficient in any which I was in two sections in previous exams.

how do you guys define deficient, marginal and proficient ?

I'M THINKING TO APPEAL FOR EXAM RECHECK. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.

THANKS

I was very confident in suveying exam but I failed. This sucks. October Surveying exam was easier than the previous two exams. I think I made around 40; couldn't answer 5 and guessed 5. lOOKS .....SOMETHING THEY HAVE SCREWED UP WITH STATE SPECIFICS.

Diagnostic report says I'm deficient in 2 sections and marginal in 2 sections. No proficient in any which I was in two sections in previous exams.

I'M THINKING TO APPEAL FOR EXAM RECHECK. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.

THANKS
Bummer. I had the same feeling and am awaiting the results. According to CAPELs website:

Examination Appeal Information

Pursuant to Board Rules 443 and 444, multiple choice examinations can NOT be reviewed, appealed, or hand-scored. Of the October 2010 examinations, the only examinations that may be reviewed or appealed are the design/essay portions of the National Structural II and the State Specific Structural examinations. Information regarding appealing these examinations will be included with the result letter.

Luckattack's Theory is still holding true! :D
Credit should go to Silvamela who first posted the Theory. With his analytical skills, I hope he passes.
Sorry, I was going through posts this morning trying to figure who first posted the Theory. So it is the "Silvamela Theory", I like it. Makes sense that the envelope stuffers would have separate bins for passers and failers, since if you fail they have to include the second diagnostic form.

All, I did receive a report this afternoon that one bin of the results letters for PE - Civil did not make the cutoff for mail late Friday afternoon as submitted for post marking.
Those letters went out first thing this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Board for Professional Engineers,

Land Surveyors, and Geologists

Ric,

Any idea if you send these out by last name? i.e. is there a group of last names, say a-g, that will be waiting. Or is it random?
A friend in my area got the letter yesterday, his last name starts with R. Mine starts with G and no letter yet. What if the last bin was the lucky one, as priorities were given to letters with bad news so people can re-register for the test? I am liking my theory so much :)

I think you are right. Because of refiling due date they sent out failed letters first.

THANKS

Sorry to hear that same thing happened with me but

Unfortunately multiple choice exams can not be appealed, hand scored, or rechecked

I know its very disturbing but nothing we can do except

Focusing and start studying

Good luck

THANKS
Bummer. I had the same feeling and am awaiting the results. According to CAPELs website:

Examination Appeal Information

Pursuant to Board Rules 443 and 444, multiple choice examinations can NOT be reviewed, appealed, or hand-scored. Of the October 2010 examinations, the only examinations that may be reviewed or appealed are the design/essay portions of the National Structural II and the State Specific Structural examinations. Information regarding appealing these examinations will be included with the result letter.
If you have not received yours probably you should have made it. Since I live in AR and I got it. I believe they sent letters first to folks who failed.

man... so I will have to live with it and refile for the april exam.

THANKS
Bottomline, the Survey exam they don't give you enough time. I took it for the second time and still awaiting results. I felt very similar, got through 40, could to 5 but too lengthy and made educated guesses, forced to guess 5 no time left. I think "deficient, marginal and proficient" simply means, say if there was 9 problems in one are 1-3 correct is deficient, 4-6 mariginal, 7-9 proficient etc.

THANKS

Sorry to hear that same thing happened with me but

Unfortunately multiple choice exams can not be appealed, hand scored, or rechecked

I know its very disturbing but nothing we can do except

Focusing and start studying

Good luck

[EISSAH,

Do you know about any online surveying review courses?

]

Back