CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone received a pass letter yet?

I asked the same question earlier. Oh wait update, my wife just called me and said the results came in the mail. I passed both Seismic and Surveying the first time around. Woo Hoo!!! :mf_bounce8:

To bad I failed the 8 hr :smileyballs:

For those that are wondering I live 45 mins away from Sac so it migth take an extra day for So Cal folks.
Congrats... You will pass it next time

Good news should be pass letters today

Can anyone confirm that the "fail letters first, pass letters afterwords" scenario is just a myth/old wives tale?
Passed the 8 hour, I got the Survey back on Saturday (Fail) but I am still waiting for Seismic...
This is typically the case. The fails go out first and usually dated earlier.
It seems that only those that failed have received a letter thus far. I just received my passing letters so I think it might be safe to say that if you live in Northern California you should be in the clear from receiving a failing letter.

I would say that this Myth is confirmed.

I am hanging out, trolling engineering boards, mostly staying low these days. :)

JR

You still in MI?

You in touch with the old division staff?

Guess you know about Doug?

I regularly communicate with your former advisor who is on sabbatical in Tunisia. I'll let him know that we spoke.

Our new governor makes the Jebster look good. One positive thing is that he had the good sense to run MJ's ignominious ass off. Jorge Caspary (jr) is back as the new director. You left too soon. It could have been you!

some consideration for others would grearly appreciated ! this thread , as I undesrtand it is to discuss pe results

still no word on my surveying results. i got my seismic fail letter yesterday, still waiting on the rest. others have received failed survey results locally. i thought it was just seismic that they sent out the fail/pass seperately, but it seems like the fails are arriving all together?

Indeed got the pass seismic letter :)

Theory/myth is right ... Passing letters on the way guys

Last edited by a moderator:
live here in the OC. got the survey fail letter yesterday.. nothing on seismic still..called the board and they said both seismic and survey results were mailed out the same day, but different envelopes.. so weird...why doesn't the board just post a message on their website clearly. what the hell is going on... they must be tired of getting the calls..

I am still in Michigan. After two years, it seems to suit me. :)

I will say coldest moment for me to-date was back in February. I was collecting/cataloging soil cores with a geoprobe and collecting a water sample at depth on Lake Michigan. Temperature was -25F - water collection became impossible because it froze in the tubing and cores had to be reviewed within 2 mins or they froze. Fun time for sure. :)

I have stayed in touch with several people from the division. I definitely know about Doug. My mother passed away in March 2010 - I had lunch with a few people, including Doug while I was back in T-Town.

Most certainly give my former advisor my best. The education prepared me well for my current job - I spend most of my days explaining undrained shear strength, dilative behavior, and why cohesion (friction) is not mobilized in the effective stress analysis. I work a lot of hours but it isn't a bad gig.

I have one word about your new governor: Voldemort. Lucky you.

Taking a page out of your book, I told all of our previous colleagues that if you have more than 10 yrs before retirement, you should leave. If you don't see the writing on the wall, you are a fool.

Jorge can have the directorship - I have no desire for such titles. Give me some time out in the field, digging a little dirt, that keeps me happy.

I hope all is well with you and the family. Drop me a line by private message if you would like to chat more.

JR

JR
You still in MI?

You in touch with the old division staff?

Guess you know about Doug?

I regularly communicate with your former advisor who is on sabbatical in Tunisia. I'll let him know that we spoke.

Our new governor makes the Jebster look good. One positive thing is that he had the good sense to run MJ's ignominious ass off. Jorge Caspary (jr) is back as the new director. You left too soon. It could have been you!

Can someone shed some light on what is next once you pass. The letter said that i should be receiving the certificate within 4-6 weeks. The expiration on the License lookup says September 30th,2011. I am assuming this is temporary until you receive your certificate. Can I order the stmap now or wait until I receive the certificate. Also any recommendation on to where to get the stamp.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone shed some light on what is next once you pass. The letter said that i should be receiving the certificate within 4-6 weeks. The expiration on the License lookup says September 30th,2011. I am assuming this is temporary until you receive your certificate. Can I order the stmap now or wait until I receive the certificate. Also any recommendation on to where to get the stamp.Thanks
If you have your license number, you can order your stamp. The certificate is just a fancy display of your number with your corresponding state. Most PEs on this board (myself included) recommend engineerseals.com. They process orders fast and get things shipped out quickly. And they are reasonably priced.

Can someone shed some light on what is next once you pass. The letter said that i should be receiving the certificate within 4-6 weeks. The expiration on the License lookup says September 30th,2011. I am assuming this is temporary until you receive your certificate. Can I order the stmap now or wait until I receive the certificate. Also any recommendation on to where to get the stamp.Thanks
If you have your license number, you can order your stamp. The certificate is just a fancy display of your number with your corresponding state. Most PEs on this board (myself included) recommend engineerseals.com. They process orders fast and get things shipped out quickly. And they are reasonably priced.
Thanks knight1fox3. What about the expiration date on the license lookup? It says September 30th, 2011. Is that temporary until the board send you forms to fill out.

Thanks

Thanks knight1fox3. What about the expiration date on the license lookup? It says September 30th, 2011. Is that temporary until the board send you forms to fill out.

Thanks

I'm not sure the expiration date is required on the stamp any more, or a blank space where to fill one in manually like the stamp on engineeringseals depicts, per section 411 of the following: http://www.pels.ca.gov/licensees/boardrules.pdf

Does anyone know about the letter (discipline) that appears on the example shown on engineerseals? I remember this on older stamps but see no mention of it on the PDF referenced. I’ve hesitated on ordering one from engineerseals because their example shows it.

Thanks

I'm not sure the expiration date is required on the stamp any more, or a blank space where to fill one in manually like the stamp on engineeringseals depicts, per section 411 of the following: http://www.pels.ca.gov/licensees/boardrules.pdf

Does anyone know about the letter (discipline) that appears on the example shown on engineerseals? I remember this on older stamps but see no mention of it on the PDF referenced. I’ve hesitated on ordering one from engineerseals because their example shows it.
I just placed the order with no letter. I will be honest, i am not 100% sure if what i did was right ot wrong. The way i see it is, you only use numbers to do a search. and if somebody is trying to look you up he/she will match the number to the name.

I guess I wasn't sure if they automatically put the letter infront of the number per your branch ... I guess I should call

Back