CA surveying exam results January 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think it's because of the new seismic code that they're delaying the results of both exams? Shouldn't they already have the answers to the exams already?

Do you think it's because of the new seismic code that they're delaying the results of both exams? Shouldn't they already have the answers to the exams already?
I don't think any of the questions touched any area with the updated part of the code.

They already have the answers for the questions that are in the exam, so I don't think there should be delay because of that. As far as I think they might be busy making up the curve for deciding the cut-off marks if the overall result is not good.

They already have the answers for the questions that are in the exam, so I don't think there should be delay because of that. As far as I think they might be busy making up the curve for deciding the cut-off marks if the overall result is not good.
you ment to say, "too good"

The seismic design ground motion values are different with the new code. 
Yea you are right. But I only recall 2 maybe 3 problems that utilized Fa and Fv, most of the problems had SDS provided. I could be wrong tho

Is anyone here also still studying for seismic in the meantime? I was hoping to pass survey first as a confidence boost. At this point, it is just hard to focus on studying until the results are out.

Is anyone here also still studying for seismic in the meantime? I was hoping to pass survey first as a confidence boost. At this point, it is just hard to focus on studying until the results are out.
I am! I've never dealt with seismic before so I knew I would need time in between surveying and seismic to study. But if I don't pass surveying, my motivation to study for seismic is going to go down the toilet.

Back