CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All three.

Anyone take the surveying and seismic exams on the same day, like I did?

All three.

Anyone take the surveying and seismic exams on the same day, like I did?
I did with couple hours in between the two.  started having a headache after the second test.

nothing over here. My guess is that there is a bit of a delay. I do not want to bother my source until probably at the end of the day. I guess that is why they do not want to be specific to many people because if a delay happens they will get chewed out.
California is traditionally 4-5 days behind   so this is nothing new

This may blow everyone's minds, but I don't think I'm going to open the results until after the weekend.  I'm mad at myself for not walking out of the exam knowing for sure that I passed.  It is a risk of spending a planned vacation on the highest high or lowest low that I have ever experienced.  I think I'm better partially enjoying the weekend in limbo.

I made that mistake last cycle. Got 2 out of 3.  Just waiting for Seismic this go-around...
The one I feel most "borderline" about is the surveying... I work with Seismic all the time, and I feel comfortable with how I did, even though I think I got one whole night of studying in on the subject.

The one I feel most "borderline" about is the surveying... I work with Seismic all the time, and I feel comfortable with how I did, even though I think I got one whole night of studying in on the subject.
I was the exact opposite. Not much seismic here on the East coast (except Memphis, but they pretend it doesn't exist) so I went in with 8 hours of studying and a prayer. Felt much better the second time around.

I was the exact opposite. Not much seismic here on the East coast (except Memphis, but they pretend it doesn't exist) so I went in with 8 hours of studying and a prayer. Felt much better the second time around.
I feel you, @GTStructural.  NJ for me, had to quick learn seismic when I started working out West.  

Have to agree with @cpp11 in that I found Surveying to be the most challenging this cycle.

This may blow everyone's minds, but I don't think I'm going to open the results until after the weekend.  I'm mad at myself for not walking out of the exam knowing for sure that I passed.  It is a risk of spending a planned vacation on the highest high or lowest low that I have ever experienced.  I think I'm better partially enjoying the weekend in limbo.
If I don't pass, it'll probably be because I blanked on basic trig (Law of Sines, SAS/SSS theorems) on about two or three problems...

I studied from Reza Mahallati's book. I felt like I missed about 16 questions. From what I hear that should be sufficient to pass the surveying. I am not feeling very confident though.

I am actually most scared of seeing the 8-hr result.  Took all 3 too like CPP

My experience-

APR 2015 - 8hr Const. & Survey - Passed survey

OCT 2015 - 8hr Const. & Seismic - Passed 8hr

APR 2016 - Seismic - Pending... ahhh

I logged 100 hours studying for seismic this time around. Felt pretty good leaving the exam. Fingers crossed!!

Anthony

In Oct 2015 I attempted the trifecta and have failed miserably. Only the 8-hour this time, and still not super confident -_-;;;;

dWV74.gif

Back