Buying second home advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I hear it is not as good as a dedicated detatcher, but it gets most of the way there.

that falls into the if I do a shitty job i wont be asked to do it again, but I still did it so you can't complain that I didn't help.
Yeah, she pulls that all the time.  I try my best not to let it happen.  She will mow again, and she will go back and re-mow the parts she missed, just like I made her do this week.  

One of these days I hope I can get my son to do this.  He's a totally different situation, though, with the autism thing. Can't really "make" him do anything.

From what I hear it is not as good as a dedicated detatcher, but it gets most of the way there.
Yes, not as good as real dethatcher but sure beats renting one or manually raking!

Yes, not as good as real dethatcher but sure beats renting one or manually raking!
I did not know this existed.  for $20 WTH.  I'll probably pick one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's something else going on in my lawn - a carpet of black, mushy stuff developed in one large area last year.  I was assuming it was moss, but this year it's not there, just a layer of dead grass
Had that two years ago.  Was a fungus it picked up somewhere.  Have about an 8' circle of dead shit on my front lawn now which won't grow back thanks to those f*cking bradford pear roots.

Really?! Interesting. I since switched to Spectracide because some other stuff I was using (Ortho?) wasn't working. I was hesitant too because I didn't recognize the brand.
We had about half a bottle of Spectracide weed-and-feed in the garage...the one you put on your hose and spray down the lawn.  I'm not even sure where it came from but I figured it wouldn't hurt to use it.  Did a pretty good job on the clover and the dandelions.  I only had enough to spray the front yard and part of the side yard, but you can see a distinct line in the side yard where I stopped spraying.

Have about an 8' circle of dead shit on my front lawn now which won't grow back thanks to those f*cking bradford pear roots.
Apparently the jackass we got our house from had a big pine tree in the front yard that, surprise surprise, got into the sewer lateral.  He had the lateral fixed and cut the tree down but the front yard is still pretty uneven and the grass looks bad because he left all the roots.  This is the guy who thought he was a handyman so I'm sure he rented a stump grinder from Home Depot to do it himself and probably cut the stump just below ground level and though that was fine.

FYI, this is the same guy who decided to add a ceiling fan in one of the bedrooms upstairs.  Since he didn't have any proper wire, he just cut the ends off an old extension cord and used that to wire from the junction box to the fan.  When I went to replace the fan, confused the $hit out of me when I took the old one down and there were only two brown wires.

Latest posts

Back