Bitcoin - Anyone Investing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tortoise and the hare, my friend. Hang in there.....hopefully you didn't invest too much.
No it wasn't much at all. And I'm still up just didn't get the returns I could have but no biggie. Still an interesting market to watch either way.

I considered it but thought $350 per coin was artificially high. Then it went to $450 and I thought ****, I shoulda gotten in at $350. I'll wait for it to come back down...well you know the rest.

I'm about ready to throw some money at this.  Got my wallets read and my funds burning a new hole in my pocket.  Trying to see where it will bottom out.  I set up an account on Blockfolio with some theoretical investments this weekend.  So far I would have lost 8%.

Personally, I think Bitcoin is the 21st century version of the tulip bulb. 

Personally, I think Bitcoin is the 21st century version of the tulip bulb. 
Very well could be.  I've finally decided i'm willing to throw some money at it and see what happens.  Never know.  I could retire at 40 if this goes well or worst case I lose some disposable income that would have went toward something I don't need anyways.  

worst case I lose some disposable income that would have went toward something I don't need anyways.  
So if this doesn't pan out, and you still find you have disposable income that you don't need, I can give you my PayPal address. :thumbs:

Very well could be.  I've finally decided i'm willing to throw some money at it and see what happens.  Never know.  I could retire at 40 if this goes well or worst case I lose some disposable income that would have went toward something I don't need anyways.  
Whoa whoa whoa

No retiring just yet

Bumping this thread approximately a year from when it was started.  Bitcoin is down about  65 percent from a year ago and 80 percent from its peak.  How did everyone fare in their investments?

2f73e17d4f991153951eea8bf675a8da.jpg

Back