Biggest bucket list item

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The game is I impress you with my magical psychic abilities. But first I need a.volunteer from the audience. Mr Demo can I borrow your phone and go through all your personal stuff? 

I've been on boards with much swifter ban hammers. Trolls like canadagoose would have been booted long ago on most other boards. RG and KF are teddy bears (love you boos)

Speaking of sexy outfits who's the pretty girl in all your pics?

meme_1454829057.jpg

I don't know about you but I'm enjoying some Johnny Walker Blue. 
As with all things my good man, pics or it didn't happen :) . I saw the Blue being sold duty-free recently for $220. 

I've been on boards with much swifter ban hammers. Trolls like canadagoose would have been booted long ago on most other boards. RG and KF are teddy bears (love you boos)
You keep that up, and you're off the Xmas card list. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As with all things my good man, pics or it didn't happen. I just sailed on a cruise to the Yukon, the blue was a mere $220. So I did indulge. :thumbs:

You keep that up, and you're off the Xmas card list.
Duty free shops are great.  ? 

everything.

i think mt. rainier would be sufficient for me to summit. 

but i might be addicted afterward?

HOW DO YOU EVEN START summitting? like.... you have to learn **** and you go by yourself and eek! 

i've jumped out of a plane and off a platform attached with a springy rope. i want to do both again. many times. 

overall, retire early and see the world. i might need to find an incompanion sometime soon to make that anywhere near feasible, tho. 

since you only have one "14'er" in Washington you come to Colorado where we have 53 of them, with plenty easy ones to practice on...

I think CA has some as well... but the one good and bad thing about them is that you are never "alone"  this is an easy one here and you can see there is a good crowd of people..

This was around 13K feet on our way down..it rained, was snowy, and snowed during the "hike" so I can only imagine what happens at 20K feet and above..

IMG_0838.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ There's actually 5 more "unofficial" 14ers in Colorado. All 58 are over 14,000' elevation, the only thing that makes a peak "official" is that the peak must rise at least 300 feet above the saddle that connects it to the nearest 14er peak (if another exists nearby). This guideline has been in use in Colorado for some time. Most places recognize all 58 because they are named and identified on USGS maps.

I've done 7 official and one unofficial. All of which are on the "easy" scale. Most of them can be done in a day, and a sometimes you can do multiple in one day. Fastest known time to climb all 58 is something crazy like 8 days. 

I just can't imagine ever having the capability to hike a mountain?! What do you do, just walk up to it? It is just so overwhelming. What does easy even mean? Haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There is a baseline athletic ability needed simply because you are typically walking 10+ miles (roundtrip) and gaining 3000 vertical feet, all while breathing very thin air. However, if you prepare correctly (clothing, weather, start time, etc) and take your time it's not so bad. Altitude effects everyone differently, some people get altitude sickness while others feel no change. I grew up at a higher elevation (9000' asl) so it tends to not effect me much, but my wife can only stand about a couple of hours or so above 12,000' before she starts to get sick.

Back