April Exam Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am going to stick with May 24th or 25th. I am assuming that many NCEES people would love to have the grading done before they go on Memorial Day holiday. Who wants to come back from vacation and have all of that sitting on their desk? Just my two cents.

I think I saw posted somewhere here a link to ncees website that the PE results will NOT be released before memorial day...there is still a review/cutscore meeting scheduled for the early part of the june (4/5) for one of the disciplines.

I think I saw posted somewhere here a link to ncees website that the PE results will NOT be released before memorial day...there is still a review/cutscore meeting scheduled for the early part of the june (4/5) for one of the disciplines.
of course they are going to say that, lol. I am just going by the 2 week interval that they have demonstrated before regarding the survey results.

You are refering to the SE exam grading workshop that is entirely independent of the PE and its scoring/results.

The SE is still an essay format exam, much like the PE used to be before I believe 2001. I would be careful before you post such gut wrenching misinformation on this board, because people like me who are waiting for results see your post and have a heart attack.

You are refering to the SE exam grading workshop that is entirely independent of the PE and its scoring/results.

The SE is still an essay format exam, much like the PE used to be before I believe 2001. I would be careful before you post such gut wrenching misinformation on this board, because people like me who are waiting for results see your post and have a heart attack.
LOL, I am waiting too. Okay, FE results were released last week. Better?

For Idaho I am betting it will be June 8th. Two days after the completion of the next board meeting.

LOL, I am waiting too. Okay, FE results were released last week. Better?
I am hoping that the FE results being released on the 16th means that we should have PE results this week sometime. The PE results have followed a trend recently where the PE is always around a week after the FE. I wont hold my breath too long for results coming this week, but I certainly expect results between the 29th and 31st of May.

I wish people would read what the NCEES posts on their site carefully.

Thats exactly why stuff like that is posted. Its not gut wreching...its just reitterated from the NCEES website. We have all been there regarding the waiting. YOu all need to relax they will come out when the come out. What would you have done a couple years ago when there was no electronic notification of scores?

Many of us had to wait longer than you are/will be waiting now... Seriously it is not worth the stress

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats exactly why stuff like that is posted. Its not gut wreching...its just reitterated from the NCEES website. We have all been there regarding the waiting. YOu all need to relax they will come out when the come out. What would you have done a couple years ago when there was no electronic notification of scores?

Many of us had to wait longer than you are/will be waiting now... Seriously it is not worth the stress
The problem is that NYMechEng had already posted the correct information in this very thread. It's frustrating to see misinformation when the text of the press release was already posted. And thanks, but I waited for my FE results in the mail and I know how to be patient. That has nothing to do with falsely telling people their results will be delayed an additional week.

The information is gut wrenching when it is flat out wrong. CU07 pointed out my other point that the exact text of the release from NCEES is posted directly in this thread. Getting the SE exam scoring workshop confused with the PE exam results is what irks me. I would hope that anyone who is on here enough to post regularly should know the difference between the PE and SE. The SE is not just "another discipline."

Also, I am among those who had to wait for FE results in the mail in the middle of July. I damn near forgot I even took the exam when I received my results. How can you possibly think that I dont know what it was like "A couple of years ago" when I am waiting for PE results. Wouldn't you think I must have taken the FE, oh, I dont know, maybe a couple of years ago?

Actually Snickerd wasn't providing misinformation. A relative of mine actually works at NCEES and mentioned the April 2012 results being delayed some even after Memorial Day and into June. All disciplines. Sorry, just wait longer.

Actually Snickerd wasn't providing misinformation. A relative of mine actually works at NCEES and mentioned the April 2012 results being delayed some even after Memorial Day and into June. All disciplines. Sorry, just wait longer.
Then that was dumb luck. It does beg the question why, if you had such groundbreaking information, why you havent shared that with the forum already? Sounds like the typical antics that spread this time of year to me.

She specifically said she was referring to the press release, so that's different than you posting what your friend told you. People get stuff wrong and it's not a big deal, but we don't need to make things personal or be snarky.

Wow...seriously...you all need to take breath....there was no misinformation. I simply stated I remembered seeing a post, I didn't realize it was in this particular thread, about the delay from the NCEES website and thought I remembered a cutscore meeting scheduled after the holiday...excuse me for not remembering the partculars.

[Then that was dumb luck. It does beg the question why, if you had such groundbreaking information, why you havent shared that with the forum already? Sounds like the typical antics that spread this time of year to me.
Because I don't consider it to be ground-breaking information. And I was referring to the actual delay. Not the cause of the delay. Call them antics if you want. Just relaying the information I was given by sources that not everyone has access to.

She specifically said she was referring to the press release, so that's different than you posting what your friend told you. People get stuff wrong and it's not a big deal, but we don't need to make things personal or be snarky.
See my post above. My information is not wrong. And you mean like you just did there or in your previous post? Seems pretty hypocritical.

Wow...seriously...you all need to take breath....there was no misinformation. I simply stated I remembered seeing a post, I didn't realize it was in this particular thread, about the delay from the NCEES website and thought I remembered a cutscore meeting scheduled after the holiday...excuse me for not remembering the partculars.
The point that keeps being missed is the cut score meeting for the SE has ZERO to do with the PE results and their alleged delay.

[Then that was dumb luck. It does beg the question why, if you had such groundbreaking information, why you havent shared that with the forum already? Sounds like the typical antics that spread this time of year to me.
Because I don't consider it to be ground-breaking information. And I was referring to the actual delay. Not the cause of the delay. Call them antics if you want. Just relaying the information I was given by sources that not everyone has access to.

See my post above. My information is not wrong. And you mean like you just did there or in your previous post? Seems pretty hypocritical.
Have you read this thread?? This forum? Seriously?

Results not until possibly June sometime...you dont call that groundbreaking? Why dont you start a thread with this info? " MY COUSIN'S AUNT'S FRIEND'S HOUSEKEEPER'S YOGA INSTRUCTOR SAID PE RESULTS DELAYED INTO JUNE." That thread would catch fire in pouring rain.

I am pretty sure the unanimous opinion here is that the results will be out before June 1. Many still think that they results will be out this week, and that the NCEES are just trying to keep the flies off by telling us not until after memorial day. They have already told us the FE would take 8-10 weeks on May 10th, only to release the results 6 days later for a total of 4.5 weeks between test admin and results. Someone is clearly blowing smoke up someone's ass.

Hey, I started this I guess. Look, I was looking at time periods of when NCEES has historically released different grades. I have predicted before, and was wrong, so what? Am I waiting on my results? Yup. If this is troubling you about grades being released, wait until next week. Look at posts from last years tests and the years before.

np0QY.jpg

Between waiting for my results and waiting for my new phone to arrive, I'm going crazy. Having NCEES post that the results "will definitely not be released until after Memorial Day" has definitely calmed me down. I'm just glad they are communicating a little more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back