April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I thought the workshop was the week before.  But hopefully they can get the results out to you guys by the 14th.  That's where I would set the over/under date.   
I'm with Mr. David "The Bridge Master" Conner. I believe It'll be out around that Friday.

I'm with Mr. David "The Bridge Master" Conner. I believe It'll be out around that Friday.
Ha, the dirty secret is, I haven't actually done a "real-life" bridge since the early 2000s.  But I can read the AASHTO code and come up with multiple choice bridge questions. 

In case you thought he was kidding...he isn’t. Our proctor for the Lateral Exam on Saturday was talking about how she had to stay late the day before for the armored truck to come pick up the tests. We kind of smirked and she said no really, they come pick them up in armored trucks!
I'm envisioning an "Ocean's 11" style heist where I assemble a crack team of operators who've passed the PE to get the armored trucks and replace them with duplicates. It would take nearly as much practice and preparation as studying for the SE exam, but it would be worth it. I think I'll change my screen name here to Danny. 

Ha, the dirty secret is, I haven't actually done a "real-life" bridge since the early 2000s.  But I can read the AASHTO code and come up with multiple choice bridge questions. 
Interesting. Also, my concern has always been escalation. As in...for every book that's written, NCEES becomes aware and then modifies the test to maintain a similar pass rate DESPITE new materials available. It's why the PPI practice test can only be a slightly harder version of the NCEES test. It's why the NCEES practice test has remained essentially unchanged for the past decade. 

Interesting. Also, my concern has always been escalation. As in...for every book that's written, NCEES becomes aware and then modifies the test to maintain a similar pass rate DESPITE new materials available. It's why the PPI practice test can only be a slightly harder version of the NCEES test. It's why the NCEES practice test has remained essentially unchanged for the past decade. 
I received an invite to write Civil/Structural PE practice questions for School of PE this time. Any suggestions for items you would've wanted to see?

I received an invite to write Civil/Structural PE practice questions for School of PE this time. Any suggestions for items you would've wanted to see?
A question on calculating when NCEES will issue exam results. I'd like to see your solved problem and supporting work!

Example question: When will NCEES release the exam results?

a) 6-7 weeks

b)7-10 weeks

c) 10-11 weeks

d) 11 + weeks

0.06849 years by my calculations

Last edited by a moderator:
0.00091 LIFETIMES TO GO EVERYBODY!

Unless you're not american. Or male. Then idk what to tell you...
Murica, pew pew! That's all that needs to be said. Females live longer on average because they are a bit smarter than us. Then other country's population lifespans vary.

You guys are being boring again. Stop it. Tell me something interesting. Lets make up stories about aliens and bigfoot conspiring with the NCEES. Apparently, all (3) of them are good at remaining out of sight for extended periods of time.

I briefly thought the (3) you were referring to were all bigfoot and I was like wait where did that come from.

so, that's that.

I briefly thought the (3) you were referring to were all bigfoot and I was like wait where did that come from.

so, that's that.
@tj_PE, If I had been referring to them, would they have been bigfeet? I'm curious to the plurality there as I've never thought of the Sasquatch as more than a solitary blood thirsty undead demonic vampire ape with a hatred of mankind and a lust for world destruction by any means necessary (To include holding SE results until the very L A S T moment).

I think it would be bigfoots, since they already have more than one foot per bigfoot ? IDK

I took the school of pe course and they sent me an email today saying the results were out in several states.  Did anyone here that results have started to come out or is the school of pe trolling me?  I assume they are thinking the pe exam results since they came out last week.

You guys are being boring again. I need you to stop doing that (being boring). Make some noise. Talk about how bad you hated GoT or something. I can't take the silence. By the way, am I the only one who somewhat enjoyed GoT season 8. I'm not saying it was great, and it was definitely rushed, but at least the show closed most everyone's character arcs. I've seen plenty that didn't.

SPOILER WARNING!

The Hound and The Mountain descending into fire probably being my favorite. Of the closure's that disappointed me, Jorund was lost in the foray and I felt he deserved more. The Night King of course went down way too easy (in 1 episode, c'mon he was the MAIN baddie). I also expected more of Jon Snow and I was looking forward for a glorious death for Cersei (I was left severely wanting there).

Back