April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I would be doing if I had passed, but since I didn't pass lateral this go, I can't retake the SE lateral until I become licensed according to them now. (third fail) 

So I might as well take PE just to get the license and then go back to SE after they let me take it again.  
Darn, yeah just take the PE and at least get the license stuff out of the way. Good to have it anyway since there are a few states that require you to have your PE to get licensed no matter what (NJ for example).

Well, got the manual verification result back. No change in results. I expected as much. I still don't understand how I could've done so poorly in the morning. I guess this means I am, in fact, just retarded.

Maybe mental retardation is just contagious and I caught it either here in GA or in NC one. Here is typical copied text from client correspondence today:

1 inche bolts  come in 1 and 1.5  inches most situations on site need a  little over a inche but not quite an inch so bolts at question dosen't come into the plate and 1.5 bottom out so we put 1/2 plate as a spacer and only 1/2 inche is been engage by elocone but. So the space will allow  full engagement without bottoming out and leave no play and don't have to use any other spacers

I've gotta get out of this ****. It's lowering my IQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, got the manual verification result back. No change in results. I expected as much. I still don't understand how I could've done so poorly in the morning. I guess just means I am, in fact, just retarded.

Maybe mental retardation is just contagious and I caught it either here in GA or in NC one. Here is typical copied text from client correspondence today.

1 inche bolts  come in 1 and 1.5  inches most situations on site need a  little over a inche but not quite an inch so bolts at question dosen't come into the plate and 1.5 bottom out so we put 1/2 plate as a spacer and only 1/2 inche is been engage by elocone but. So the space will allow  full engagement without bottoming out and leave no play and don't have to use any other spacers

I've gotta get out of this ****. It's lowering my IQ.
@FutureSE

You do seem to have the gift for attracting the best talent in the industry! 🤣🤣

Hell, this is the kind of crap they should put on the SE exam:

You have a client send an email as shown above. Which of the following answers most closely resemble what this client is trying to tell you?

A) 1 inch diameter elocone nuts come with shoulder lengths of 1 and 1.5 inches. Most of the anchors placed on the site require a little over an inch shoulder length to achieve the required thread penetration but the nuts with a 1 1/2 inch shoulder bottom out against the leveling nuts. As an attempted fix, we would like to remove the leveling nuts we were having issues with, place 1/2 inch plate spacers beneath the column baseplate, and reinstall the 1 1/2" shoulder length elocone nuts so we can achieve the thread penetration into the elocone nut as required by the manufacturer.

B) I love to brush my teeth with lead paint

C) I've been doing this for 30 years and you engineers don't know nuthin'

D) I should've just welded on anchor bolt extensions like you directed me to do.

If you chose answer A, you require evaluation by both a trained and licensed physician and a psychiatric professional as you have demonstrated you know how to speak fluent retard. You have likely contracted the disease 'retardius maximus' in GA and, at this current moment, your DNA is tying itself into knots while eliminating any trace of paired nucleotides that contribute to intellectual ability. In addition, your body is mutating into a cross between the toxic avenger and the dueling banjo boy from the film Deliverance. There is no known cure, you will likely never pass SE Lateral, and may God have mercy on your soul.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure the person responsible for writing NCEES test questions wrote this e-mail to me.

@FutureSE

You do seem to have the gift for attracting the best talent in the industry! 🤣🤣
I am really starting to buy into the simulation theory argument. I am ALMOST certain that I'm an artificial intelligence character in a Sims-like video game and the player is just messing with me, seeing how much **** I will take before I lose it. Kind of like hitting the chickens in Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Sorry for the late reply to this thread. I was down in the dumps and 100% sure I failed... so I didnt even check my results (then Id have to explain to everyone how I failed, better luck next time, blah blah blah).

But I just found out I passed!

Not sure how thats possible... I know for a fact I missed problem 3 (that question still haunts my dreams). Thanks to all who helped me understand it. I really wish I could see my score or at least the answer key.

FutureSE please dont give up. I feel unworthy - I really think 95% score within 5 pts of each other and pass/fail may come down to luck on the AM or partial credit on the PM. Coin flip will only come up heads so many times... 

Back