April 2018 SE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4. SE in California is pretty important but now 3 fails...seeeeesh... not sure I can stomach a 4th attempt, possibly a 4th fail... Maybe this is still too fresh but all sorts of thoughts in my head from "definitely not going to take it again" to "need to think about possible career change" to "i'm stubborn as f*ck, just keep taking it again, wife/kids/family life be damned"
Yea....I'm having the same thought process.  And this is only my first attempt.  Going to take October as a pass, and focus on next April.  Just gotta decide what I'm taking.

Should I expect IL results today or next week?  I know they are one of our nation's hallmarks of bureaucracy and need to have a meeting first.

Passed Vertical, but failed Lateral.  Pretty disappointed as I feel that I was very close to passing the Lateral based on the diagnostic.

Lateral AM: 24/40   

Lateral PM: 3 Acceptable and  1 Improvement Required

Like others have said,  I'm finding it really tough thinking about putting my family through this again.  Going to have to do a little soul searching this weekend.  
Same result as you.  Screw this exam.  So unrealistic of the actual working environment.  The thing that pissed me off the most is my performance of the afternoon doing so well.

Back to the books for me...at least I can stop refreshing now.  Congrats to those that passed

Same result as you.  Screw this exam.  So unrealistic of the actual working environment.  The thing that pissed me off the most is my performance of the afternoon doing so well.
I'm considering paying to have my score manually rechecked.  Figure I've already poured money into it, what's another $75?  Maybe those terrible eraser smudges screwed up my scantron? 

Maybe I'm not that close to a passing score anyways, and I'm just delusional.

I'm considering paying to have my score manually rechecked.  Figure I've already poured money into it, what's another $75?  Maybe those terrible eraser smudges screwed up my scantron? 

Maybe I'm not that close to a passing score anyways, and I'm just delusional.
I was thinking the same but knowing NCEES nothing will come out of it.  They are stubborn, their way or the highway.  So frustrating I worked hard on all my weaknesses especially the afternoon and this happens.  

I was thinking the same but knowing NCEES nothing will come out of it.  They are stubborn, their way or the highway.  So frustrating I worked hard on all my weaknesses especially the afternoon and this happens.  
Sorry my friend. Don't ask about anything though. Knight1fox3 has taken control over this thread like the king of England did in Wallace's Scotland.

Passed Vertical, but failed Lateral.  Pretty disappointed as I feel that I was very close to passing the Lateral based on the diagnostic.

Lateral AM: 24/40   

Lateral PM: 3 Acceptable and  1 Improvement Required

Like others have said,  I'm finding it really tough thinking about putting my family through this again.  Going to have to do a little soul searching this weekend.  
Wow, I really can't believe that wasnt a pass. Sorry man

Add me to the list of failures with 24/40 and A,A,A,IR.

Let us know if you get your exam rechecked!

If you had unfavorable results, please just stick with it. The first 3 times I tried self study and failed.  The last time, I took EET and that really helped. But, you have to be disciplined and do their schedule, homework & quizzes.  

If you had unfavorable results, please just stick with it. The first 3 times I tried self study and failed.  The last time, I took EET and that really helped. But, you have to be disciplined and do their schedule, homework & quizzes.  
I honestly don't know how I could have been more prepared for this exam.  I took the PPI course,  I took the practice tests, I put the hours in studying.  I was militant in my discipline to study - it drove my wife crazy.  

In some ways it seems like it comes down to luck.  As in you know your stuff and you just gotta get lucky on 3 or 4 multiple choice questions on that day to push you over the edge.  I hate saying that because it goes against my "you make your own luck" philosophy,  but when it's a multiple choice test there is some luck involved.    

Back