April 2012 CA-Survey Exam cancelled statewide?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been able to register for the exam yet? What did you use for your "candidate ID"? I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct ID they're expecting or if the registration won't be activated until the 27th.

Has anyone been able to register for the exam yet? What did you use for your "candidate ID"? I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct ID they're expecting or if the registration won't be activated until the 27th.
I keep trying to enter in the NCEES ID and it doesn't take it. I can't download the exam information pdf either.

Yes, ls exam. You can't register yet, talked to the board today. Wait until the date published, then your info will be in the system and you can register.

The document I mentioned before is candidate bulletin, make sure to review it. There are some differences. They didn't check my calculator, but I got the impression from what I overheard that the test center I went to would not have allowed anything not specifically on the list published by the state. I guess they didn't see the list was not limited to only the models specifically shown. Be aware of that.

Oh and the problems in the booklet were only sketches, not entire written problems, and were in no sort of order at all. Go to "figure G", thats all you get.
thanks for all info!!!!

So you're saying the sketches arent numbered yet it tells you to go to "figure g". Are you saying that you might be wasting time looking for the figure???

Also, are you able to take more than one calc with you? I generally like to have two just in case...

So I can't make my backpack, I have to take a "box"?????
Maybe.

"You must not bring any personal/unauthorized items into the testing room.

Such items include but are not limited to outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses,

briefcases, notebooks, pagers, watches, cellular telephones, recording devices,

unauthorized calculating devices, and photographic equipment."

Backpacks arent specifically excluded, but they left it open to their own choice. Given that I think they dont have a clue what they're doing, rules and enforcement are going to vary for sure.

Oh and the problems in the booklet were only sketches, not entire written problems, and were in no sort of order at all. Go to "figure G", thats all you get.
thanks for all info!!!!

So you're saying the sketches arent numbered yet it tells you to go to "figure g". Are you saying that you might be wasting time looking for the figure???
Yes, possible. They're in alphabetic order, but not in order of the problems. So... most likely you will be going back and forth in the booklet.

Also, are you able to take more than one calc with you? I generally like to have two just in case...
As far as I know. I brought 3, but again... they didnt even check mine. She did know there was more than one, however. This reminds me, you also cannot bring batteries so... if your calculator's batteries die I dont know what happens. I dont know if you can bring it out of the room, replace the batteries from the ones in your locker (they will not let you go to your car) and take the calculator back in. I kind of think they will not let you do that, but I'm just guessing based on how ridiculously strict they are.

Just for example:

Your first problem, Number 1, says "Referring to Figure G in your booklet, blah blah blah"

Then the next problem, Number 2, says "Referring to Figure A in your booklet, blah blah"

Some problems referred to more than one figure, for example... "Referring to Figure B and Figure C"

Has anyone been able to register yet? It's still not recognizing my eligibility. I've tried my NCEES ID, NCEES ID without dash and CA applicant ID.

called prometric. the operator said everyone is experiencing this. and said that not all identification numbers have been proceessed through their system. and asked me to call back. WTF??????

Way to go Pels. LOL. No one can schedule for their exam - and the phone is jammed up. DUH. What did you expect. If this is a sign of how the exam will go I don't know what to say.

yup been on hold for the 2nd time for the past 10 minutes at prometic.

Board lines is giving the busy buzzz..

how the heck can they screw up again after what the freak happened on the exam day

Seriously though - what did they expect to happen with the phones if the internet scheduling failed (which it has)? I wonder if they have more people man-ing the phones just for today? No...that would be too smart.

Is the Candidate ID Number same as the NCEES ID Number in such format 12345-12345?
it is the NCEES ID, but not sure the format, since with or without the dash doesn't work for me.

At the phone, they did ask for NCEES ID

Latest posts

Back