April 09 FE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get my results for the FE exam, I went to the ELSES website, signed on and clicked on the send-my-results button...you'll get an email within minutes...if you don't get it before the hour, call ELSES (877-536-7729) and request your results by email. The results were available there since the 8th week after the exam or the last week of June '09 for the April 2009 FE Exam. Best of Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did nottttttttttttt pass. I added up my percentages and divided down to get 49.909%....................................... possibly close, which sucks.

I have a question, when it says 0-50% contributed to your failing the exam, does that mean because it brought down your score or does that mean you MUST get over 50% of each of the different sections??
I am sorry to hear that. I hope you pass next time.

Is it true that when you fail you get a big envelope (8.5” X 11”) with application papers?

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah!!!!!! I passed both the FE and the Law exam. First time! Thanks god! Where the party at? :party-smiley-048:

Good luck to everyone.

Do not lose hope. I left over 20 questions empty in the morning section, + the questions I guessed. I did not finish the afternoon section either. I had to guess 15 questions or so because of time. I did know lots of questions. Anyways, do not freak out. Keep a positive mind.

Just got this email :( (

Good afternoon…

The scores for the NYS Engineering licensing exam will be mailed out no later than the first of next week.

Best regards,

Nancy J. Jones

NYSED Account Manager

Main (919) 572-6880

Fax (919) 361-2426

Well, unfortunately I failed for the third time. This time I believe I performed the way I should in the morning, but I did not clinch the victory in the afternoon. Actually, the afternoon was embarrassingly bad for me. Here's the diagnostic report:

Mathematics: 79

Engeineering Probability and Statistics: 25

Chemistry: 55

Computers: 38

Ethics and Business Practices: 62

Engineering Economics: 60

Engineering Mechanics: 88

Statics & Dynamics: 40

Strength of Materials: 75

Material Properties: 50

Fluid Mechanics: 75

Electricity & Magnetism: 73

Thermodynamics: 62

Afternoon:

Advanced Engineering Mathematics: 33

Engineering Prob & Stat: 40

Biology: 33

Engineering Economics: 67

Application of Engineering Mechanics: 38

Engineering of Materials: 57

Fluids: 56

Electricity & Magnetism: 29

Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer: 22

I still can't believe I slipped up like this in the afternoon. My studying definetely had me prepared for the morning, but maybe it was the luck of the draw in getting questions I was uncomfortable with in the afternoon that resulted in such poor performance. I think this time around I'm going to do more practice exams. Last time I did an NCEES practice exam but I don't think it was enough. I wonder if they even update their practice exams like they do the tests. Grrrrrr, I'm not looking forward to tearing the books open again but there's no way I can give up and walk away.

I haven't gotten mine either. Last name starts with A. and I live close to the main post office.

I received another letter for experience verification yesterday though. They are multi-tasking for sure. and PE's should be priority.

Some other states have their online name querry for EIT's along with PE's.

Passed!!!!!!

:pASSED2:

Got my results this weekend, the longest 10 weeks of my life. But thank God, because this was my third time. Took a review course, Linderburg (the book and the exam samples book) and Barrons (It does a have lots of errors but can be a surprisingly good source for the low price) and practiced lots and lots of problems. Still I found the general afternoon exam very difficult, morning was easier.

now I have to start training for the PE

.:p10940623:

Passed!!!!!!

Got my results this weekend, the longest 10 weeks of my life. But thank God, because this was my third time. Took a review course, Linderburg (the book and the exam samples book) and Barrons (It does a have lots of errors but can be a surprisingly good source for the low price) and practiced lots and lots of problems. Still I found the general afternoon exam very difficult, morning was easier.

Yeah I used that same combination of books. I did considerably well in the morning but bombed the afternoon. Anyone use Kaplan's review book?

Passed!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! Are u from NY?

Latest posts

Back